Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    legal rights

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

legal rights
 Login/Join

posted
I am a student in the Art and Cinema in Paris, France and a big fan of Rays Bradbury's books.

I would like to adapt his short story �The Pedestrian� into a twenty-minute� film. Yet I haven't been able to find the company which could tell me how to get the legal rights, although I've written to a lot of french publishers.

Would anybody knows the Company I have to contact to get these informations?

Thank you very much and may this forum keep expanding.

Posts: 1 | Location: Paris, France. | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arriflex:
I am a student in the Art and Cinema in Paris, France and a big fan of Rays Bradbury's books.

I would like to adapt his short story The Pedestrian into a twenty-minute film. Yet I haven't been able to find the company which could tell me how to get the legal rights, although I've written to a lot of french publishers.

Would anybody knows the Company I have to contact to get these informations?

If nobody else knows, I could ask him next time I see him. Wish I had known earlier - I spent some quality time with him last night.

A film student, eh? Take my email address: augustdandelionatgmaildotcom. I am also interested in adapting his work, and will be submitting a treatment of "Dandelion Wine" to him early next year for his consideration.

In the meantime, you could try his agent:

Don Congdon Associates, Inc.
156 Fifth Avenue, Suite 625
New York, NY 10010

Susan Ramer is the one he referred me to once when I asked a similar question. Unsure whether she would be a good contact for this case. You could try:

dcaatdoncongdondotcom (hope her email hasn't changed)

Or you could try:

Telephone: 212.645.1229, Fax: 212.727.2688,
And another email address: doncongdonataoldotcom (I would use this one last, however)

I think you can adapt and film anything you want, you just have to have permission to sell it. Susan could tell you better, though.

Best of luck!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arriflex:
I would like to adapt his short story �The Pedestrian� into a twenty-minute� film. Would anybody knows the Company I have to contact to get these informations?

Alexandre, I have faxed your request to Mr B today. Let's hope he answers soon, and in the affirmative!

Good luck!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alex, I reminded Mr B of your request today, on the phone, and he agreed!

Check your email.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hi! I know this post is a little bit old, but I have to try:
I'd like to adapt one of "A memory of murders" stories into a short film, and want to know about the rights.

Does anyone knows if the contacts posted here still work?

Thank you very much for your help!

Posts: 1 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 03 September 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by odariog94:
Does anyone knows if the contacts posted here still work?

So far as I know.

"Live Forever!"