Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A Bradbury Quote

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Bradbury Quote
 Login/Join

posted
"Today was just another day in October in a year suddenly better than anyone supposed it could ever be just a short hour ago, with the moon and the stars moving in a grand rotation toward inevitable dawn, and them loping, and the last of the night's weeping done..."

I've searched the internet for awhile now, trying to figure out the context of this quote, to no avail. Does anyone know what story it might be from?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 25 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Offhand I'm guessing either "The Halloween Tree" or "Something Wicked This Way Comes," towards the end, but without checking could not say.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. The quote is from SWTWC. It starts in the middle of the last long paragraph of the last page. I read it just this morning.

"We burn them to ashes and then burn the ashes That's our official motto."

Posts: 54 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I had a feeling that was it and you'd come through.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love puzzles like this and was looking but didn’t stand a chance because it’s been too long since I read the book. I just reread the entire paragraph and it knocked my socks off.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That one came up right away on Google. Of course that takes the fun out of paging through Ray's great books!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post