Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    French people are sad

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

French people are sad
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

Very sad to know the death of Mr BRADBURY. the books he wrote have drenched my youth, my adolescence, my adult life pleasures of reading both in its anticipation of our future or in the poetry of his writings. Thank you very much Mr. BRADBURY. Your books will remain on my bookshelf until my own death.All my condolences to his family.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the hello from France! I watched BBC World News America tonight and was dismayed that the British don't seem to have given Ray any notice (Philnic excepted.)

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The three broadsheets in Cape Town all carried reports on Ray's passing. Interestingly enough, the most substantial piece was in Die Burger, the Afrikaans newspaper.

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...I watched BBC World News America tonight and was dismayed that the British don't seem to have given Ray any notice...

I can't speak for BBC World or BBC America, but I can assure you that the BBC have done Ray proud in the UK. He made the main TV news report at 6pm, and two of the major daily radio news programmes. The British press - Times, Guardian, and others - have all carried major obituaries and feature articles. It's more coverage than I expected. I have posted links to some of these on this board, and more on my blog.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The board has been so busy, I haven't known when to step in. My greatest regret is that we didn't manage that 2010 trip to Glendale.
Our profound condolences to family, friends and to all who looked upon Ray as their mentor and guiding light. As Mr T frequently remarks: "You're not dead until you're forgotten." Never in a million years!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tinkerbell,

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for keeping up with it, Philnic.

Tinkerbell, we missed you in Glendale!

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Tinkerbell, we missed you in Glendale!

Indeed we did. A reminder of the fun we had:

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjrTeWiU

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks dandelion and phil. Seeing the photos and your happy, smiling faces, I think the "missing" is more on MY part.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post