Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    2012 Ray Bradbury Award Nominees

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2012 Ray Bradbury Award Nominees
 Login/Join

posted
This year's nominees for the Ray Bradbury Award for Outstanding Dramatic Presentation have been announced. The winner will be announced at this year's Nebula Awards weekend, to be held from May 17 to May 20, 2012 in Virginia. Here is the list:

Ray Bradbury Award for Outstanding Dramatic Presentation
The Adjustment Bureau
Attack the Block
Captain America: The First Avenger
Doctor Who: ‘‘The Doctor’s Wife’’
Hugo
Midnight in Paris
Source Code

While I thought Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris" was great, to me at least the winner (hands down) should be "Hugo"...what a wonderful film!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2470 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tohught I had already posted this, but apparently not! (I posted it to my blog, but must have forgotten to post here as well.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The British Are Coming! This website (with good humour, fortunately) is emphasising a three-way battle for the Bradbury award by the British nominees Cornish, Jones and Gaiman:

http://blog.manmademovies.co.u...ritish-battle-royal/

The best bit is the mock poster!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:

While I thought Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris" was great, to me at least the winner (hands down) should be "Hugo"...what a wonderful film!

Agreed. Who does the nominations, and are short subjects included? The Academy Award winning The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore is as good as they get!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, after following the link and watching it with tears dripping, I was quite happy to see that it did indeed win the Oscar for the animated short.

Aaahhhh.... yes.

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just learned my local theater got updated equipment so we will be seeing Hugo here after all!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post