Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury events

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury events
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know of any upcoming Bradbury talks/book signings in the New York area?

Posts: 1 | Location: New York | Registered: 12 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In recent years Mr. Bradbury has been restricted solely to CA, more specifically the LA region. In the past several years, I have actually begun travel plans to be on hand for the release of Mr. B's biography in Chicago (w/Sam Weller) and then his receiving of the Pulitzer Award in NYC. (Even though a closed event, I figured "something" may have been planned as an additional appearance.) Both considerably closer to our NNY locale, neither played out. Travel is a major consideration for RB and his medical advisors.

Those CA fans have all the fun!

I believe the last major trip he made was to the White House to be presented with the National Medal of Arts: http://www.nea.gov/news/news04/medals/Bradbury300.jpg

Hey! ndj, interesting moniker.

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post