Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Sticking with Bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sticking with Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
Just a short notification that I will no longer support the threads posted here that are off the topic of Ray and his writings, discussions of the art of Ray, or related discussions on the role of art that are carried out in a spirit of good will. Nor will I participate in threads that degrade this site through verbal violence, name-calling, vulgarity, bigotry or juvenile crassness.

This board has degraded significantly in a very short period of time, and I refuse to contribute to it.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On topic Mr. Dark:

I read an Edith Wharton story for my Naturalism and Realism class. The story is "The Other Two." I found an interesting similarity between the main character, Alice Waythorn, and the Martians in the simulated hometowns from the Martian Chronicles. The similarity is evident in the way both the Martians and Alice break down when they try to be everything to everyone.

What do you think?

Julie

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool comparison. To my embarrassment, I haven't read the story (nor much of Edith Wharton). I need to rectify that. I'll try to get that story and check it out. Looks interesting.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you think of Bradbury's horror? I think his most powerful work has been his horror tales. I still go back to OCTOBER COUNTRY and drink up the stories there.

Posts: 69 | Location: Matthews, NC, USA | Registered: 20 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark:

I look forward to your thoughts...

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
""" We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the Beautiful Stuff out. ""

---- Ray Bradbury

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
>=>=>=>=>=>=>=>=>=� upcoming BRADBURY event �<=<=<=<=<=<=<=<=<=

Ray, God willing, will be speaking May 21, 2004, at the SWM.

What is the SWM?

For that, check out the first link.
Then check out the second link, scroll down to May 21, '04, to read details of Ray's talk...

What is SWM? http://home.earthlink.net/~bgsw/SWM/history.html

Ray's talk, scroll down to May 21, 2004: http://home.earthlink.net/~bgsw/SWM/speakers.html

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 03-21-2004).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post