Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New forum about Ray Bradbury
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New forum about Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
� ���� ����� ����������? ���� ��������� �� ����� �����.
������, ���� �� ����������� - ��� ���� �� ����� ������ ���� ��������. �� � 451F - ������� ����� - ��� ����.

Posts: 13 | Location: Tbilisi, Georgia (Caucasus, Former SU) | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
� �����, ��� ���������, ����� ������� ���������� �������� �� ����� �� � �����.
��� ����� ������� ���� � �������� ��� ������� �� 451F. � "����", �������������, � ���� �� ����� ����� � ����.

Posts: 9 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 26 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
� ���� ���� ��������, �������� �������� ��������, �� ������ ������ ��� �� ������. � ������ ��� ���� ����. � ������ ����, ��� � ����� ��������� ��� ���� ���� - ��� �� ������ �����. ������ ��� ����� �� �������������. ���� �������� ��� ��������� ������� ����� ������������, � ��� ��� ����� ���� ���������� �������������. ��� ��� ���� �� ����� ����������� � ���� � ��������� ������� �����. �� �� ����������, ��� ����� � ������� � ������������ ����� - ������ ����� �����.

Posts: 13 | Location: Tbilisi, Georgia (Caucasus, Former SU) | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
������� �� �������. � ���������, � ����� �� ���� ��� ������������. ���� � ���� ���� ���� �����-������ ������������ �������� �� ����������, ���� ����� ����������� ���� �������. � ���� �������������, ������� �������� �� ���� ����. ����� �������� � �� �������. ������, ���� �� ���� �� ���� ������ ���������� ������ �� ��������, ������ ����� �� �� ������ ������ �� ������.
����� � ��������� ������� � ���� ��������, ������� �����, ���� �������������� ��������� ��� ���� ����� ����� �����.

Posts: 9 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 26 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"They Have Not Seen the Stars":

This is a new one to me! Alternate title?

Posts: 29 | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They Have Not Seen the Stars: The Complete Poetry of Ray Bradbury
http://www.stealthpress.com/store/product.asp?sku=482

posted Hide Post
New titling of 1982's The Complete Poems of Ray Bradbury (listed in the Chronology on the "About Ray" page), or has new material been added since first publication? Not to sound plebian, but I have to admit to not having much of an appreciation for poetry (even Bradbury's; I have The Haunted Computer and the Android Pope. I've enjoyed Ray's essays, though.

Posts: 29 | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's unfortunate, positronic. As an avid reader or Ray Bradbury (which you obviously are), you must appreciate the beauty and power of language - and poetry certainly offers that. Perhaps you just haven't found poetry that speaks to you (yet!), or perhaps being forced to study poetry in school 'killed' it for you (?). I always tell my students who are reluctant to read poetry: forget about trying to understand the 'meaning' of poems; instead, let the lines 'wash over you'; in other words, just let yourself feel the effect of the words, and don't worry if you don't 'get' the literal meaning of the words.
Sorry if this sounds like I'm talking down to you, positronic (it was not my intention to give a sermon). It's just that so many people who love reading deny themselves the enjoyment of the most precise and pure form of reading by overlooking poetry.
I hope you (and others) do endeavour to read some poetry. Try a couple of Bradbury's favourites: Walt Whitman and Emily Dickinson.

[This message has been edited by crumley (edited 04-14-2002).]

Posts: 79 | Location: Tomerong, NSW, Australia | Registered: 16 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be there to join Ray Bradbury as he receives a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 11:30 am on Monday, April 1. (This is no April Fool's joke.)
Ray's star will be in front of Larry Edmunds Bookshop, 6644 Hollywood Boulevard, in Hollywood, Califonia.

Ray is being honored in Los Angeles in April as the city is reading "Fahrenhiet 451" in its first citywide reading program.

Ray will be there, as will Charlton Heston.

Check out www.lapl.org/F451

Posts: 7 | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to get my own copy of the new book of poetry by Ray. It will be interesting to see if all of the poems he would send me at the holiday times are in the collection. Supposedly they are/

Posts: 39 | Location: Plantation, FL USA | Registered: 19 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It should be, if it's complete, but I tend to distrust publishers' use of the word "complete."

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you know that because Fahrenheit 451 is the chosen book in the city of LA's "One Book, One City LA" program, Ray is No.1 on a bestseller list for the first time in his life. The LA Times bestseller list for paperbacks has F451 No. 1 ahead of Pulitzer Prize winner Michael Chabon's "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay."
Congrats Ray!

Posts: 3 | Registered: 15 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
������������, ��������� � ����� �� rb.km.ru. ���-�� ���������� �����-�� �����, � � ��� �������� ���� ���� ��� �����������!

������ ������������� ��������� ��������� ����� �� ����� http://www.mars-x.ru/forums/ ��� ������ ���������� "����������� �������" � �������� ������� ���������� � �����. ��������� � ��������������.

Therefore a Russian-speaking audience I invite also on a forum http://www.mars-x.ru/forums/ my project refers to " Martian chronicles " and it is devoted to science fiction as a whole. I invite to cooperation.

All of us Stepsons of the Universe

Posts: 3 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post