Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Attack on Farenheit 9/11 Shows Partisan Support of Ultra-Right By Bradbury
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attack on Farenheit 9/11 Shows Partisan Support of Ultra-Right By Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
It is a shame that Mr. Bradbury should sully his good name by associating with those very people that have made a reality out of many nightmares.

The similiarity in name is superficial only. The guts of the movie are little more involved and particular of the present situation. Mr. Bradbury - having fallen on hard times after releasing luke warm screenplays and books based on activities in Hollywood Movie Lots has taken it upon himself to force his own political views on the world.

Mr. Bradbury is stealing our freedoms from the very nation that allowed him to be so succesful.

He should be ashamed for his greed.

Posts: 4 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bellgreen:

Ray fallen on hard times? You obviously lost the meaning of the term.

Sorry to learn you are from the same city as myself, Chicago, since it's so near to Waukegan.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bellgreen:

Mr. Bradbury is stealing our freedoms from the very nation that allowed him to be so succesful.

Exactly what freedoms has Bradbury stolen?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moore is the one who should be ashamed. If he had behaved like a professional (instead of his typcial self) and returned Bradbury's phone call when he was first contacted instead of six months later there probably wouldn't be a flap.

Steve Miller

Posts: 13 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve, is that your real name, or a reference to the great Steve Miller Band? Anyway, welcome to the site!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe Michael Moore's attacks on America and its leadership show support for the actions of Osama bin Laden and the practices of terrorism in general.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groon:
Steve, is that your real name, or a reference to the great Steve Miller Band? Anyway, welcome to the site!

Thanks for the welcome! And, yeah, that is indeed my real name. (What's truly amusing is that my first full-time job was a music critic! )

However, I decided to really poke fun at my name when I started my website a few years ago... I called it http://www.stevemillersband.com

Steve Miller

[This message has been edited by Steve Miller (edited 06-22-2004).]

Posts: 13 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bellgreen. You don't make any sense.

Posts: 102 | Location: El Paso, TX. USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh wait. I'm on the damn internet. it's always more complicated.

You don't make any sense. Evrything your saying is based on completely bogus concepts.

Ray Bradbury is not associating with the insurgents.

Ray Bradbury is no were near broke. He's been writting best sellers before either of us were born. or any of us, now that I think about it.

Now, I just got done dealing with a guy who, claimed to train green berats, when he didn't even finish his contract, my BS detector has been working overtime.

How is Ray Bradbury stealing our freedoms?

Posts: 102 | Location: El Paso, TX. USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!
I've been gone for a while but this is all just so ridiculous.
Oh well, Obla-Di Obla-Da life goes on.

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From
Greentown
Illinois

Hey! You missed the whirlwind !

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve Miller,
Great site! I especially liked the links to the Peter Cushing fan page and the link "looking for a different steve miller?" Out of strange design, my brother came home yesterday with a Steve Miller LP that he found at a thrift store. Good music.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! All members of the Ray Bradbury message board community NARD KORDELL is a true champion, and winner. If you post something that he doesn't like he will shame you with his wit and smarts, so badly that you will cry. Again I repeat NARD KORDELL is a true champion.

Posts: 15 | Location: Carson, CA USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pindik,

Hey, cool it with the sarcasm, will ya? Nard's a longtime and respected poster on this site. He'll be here a long time after you move on.

Don't agree with him? Fine. If you can't contribute in a positive way, sometimes the best response is no response at all.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pete

Nard is a pretentious (expletive deleted) hiding behind a keyboard and dictionary. I am sure a few people here might agree, maybe even you.

You are correct I won't be here for long, just wanted to ruffle a few feathers. We can still do that here right?

Best,
Pindik

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 06-24-2004).]

Posts: 15 | Location: Carson, CA USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post