Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Sam Weller's New Book
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sam Weller's New Book
 Login/Join

posted
From Publishers Weekly:

Bradbury, Revisited
Ray Bradbury biographer (and former PW Midwest correspondent) Sam Weller sold his third book about the sci-fi author, Live Forever: An Anthology of All New Stories in Honor of Ray Bradbury. Agent Judith Ehrlich brokered the deal for Weller, selling world English rights to William Morrow's Jennifer Brehl at auction. Bradbury is writing the introduction to the book, and Weller is co-editing the title with Mort Castle.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Bradbury Trilogy. Congrats, Sam Weller!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aha! I wonder if this is the same Bradbury tribute book that I blogged about in January.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you fjp451! Your words of kindness are always appreciated. I never envisioned doing a trilogy, but, alas, with great joy, it has come to be.

Phil-- you blog with aplomb! The book is one and the same.

Along with a great new story by Harlan Ellison (a story Harlan says will likely be his last published story) LIVE FOREVER! will include all-new tales by Neil Gaiman, Joe Hill, Audrey Niffenegger, Alice Hoffmann, Dan Chaon, David Morrell, Dean Koontz, and many others, including my own story and one by my co-editor, seven-time Bram Stoker nominee, Mort Castle. Upwards of 30 contributors, we hope. Ray has already penned the intro. Pub date is tentatively scheduled for July 2012.

Cheers,

Professor Sam Weller

Posts: 104 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Weller! I have the 1st and 2nd (signed by both you and Mr. B) and look forward to the 3rd. I found the others really great reads from cover to cover! "7/12 ... Patience is a virtue!"
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Aha! I wonder if this is the same Bradbury tribute book that I blogged about in January.

Seeing the photo of Ray and Harlan Ellison in Phil's blog, along with other luminaries at this 1973 Los Angeles Science Fiction Fantasy Society Event, caused me to look through my collection, and pull out the attached autographed photo from the same event. A great collection of writers appeared, some of whom sadly are no longer with us. From left to right: Robert Bloch, Sherwood Springer, Ray Bradbury, Harlan Ellison, Jerry Pournelle, Larry Niven, A.E. Van Vogt, Wendayne Ackerman (Forry's wife), and Forrest J. Ackerman.

ImageIMG00022-20110425-2158.JPG (295 Kb, 53 downloads)

Posts: 2443 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Richard - What a cool signed photo!
Can't wait to read Sam's new book.

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
Seeing the photo of Ray and Harlan Ellison in Phil's blog, along with other luminaries at this 1973 Los Angeles Science Fiction Fantasy Society Event, caused me to look through my collection, and pull out the attached autographed photo from the same event. A great collection of writers appeared, some of whom sadly are no longer with us. From left to right: Robert Bloch, Sherwood Springer, Ray Bradbury, Harlan Ellison, Jerry Pournelle, Larry Niven, A.E. Van Vogt, Wendayne Ackerman (Forry's wife), and Forrest J. Ackerman.

And which one is Richard?!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard, what a marvellous photo, and even more marvellous that you got the subjects to sign it!

Would it be OK for me to re-post this photo on my blog? (I would have just linked directly to this message board, but you have to be logged in to the Bradbury board to be able to view photos.)

Professor Sam, thanks for confirming the nature of this new book. I look forward to reading it.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those who do not know the group photo is of all the "pros" and officers who attended the first meeting in the original LASFS clubhouse on Ventura Blvd. in 1973.

http://www.lasfs.org/index.php...ew&id=134&Itemid=281

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently Lee Martin is also contributing a story to "Live Forever".
Lee Martin

Posts: 49 | Location: Where the Streets Have No Name | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bytorbass posted
quote:
Apparently Lee Martin is also contributing a story to "Live Forever".

And also Robert McCammon: http://www.robertmccammon.com/...-bradbury-anthology/

Sounds Great!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved Robert McCammon's "Boys Life". This upcoming anthology has me tingling with electricity, and I haven't even been zapped by Mr. Electrico!

Posts: 49 | Location: Where the Streets Have No Name | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bytorbass:
Loved Robert McCammon's "Boys Life".

It was magical, wasn't it?!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the magic of boyhood/childhood. Captured by Mr.Bradbury and in this book by Mr.McCammon, then bottled like a fine Dandelion Wine. However,it is not the wine that ages, it is us.

The magic of childhood breathes in the pages of great books, as long as we keep breathing too. Live Forever!