Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Is it possible to kill a t-rex with a shotgun? i.e. A Sound of Thunder
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it possible to kill a t-rex with a shotgun? i.e. A Sound of Thunder
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by faust23EDR:
[QUOTE]anyway,im suggesting that supremely unrealistic propositions shouldnt be hinted at in the first place ie. glock 9mm killing a t rex

OK, dude. What caliber should I be using?

Posts: 64 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got an elephant gun or two?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Anyone besides me know whence cometh the gauging of shotguns?
I found it quite interesting.

I do! But I'd hate to 'bore' you ...

Posts: 64 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II, I have no clue but would appreciate being elucidated by you in this regard!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elucidate is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elucidate

Isn't that an e-date with someone named Luci ? At least that's the modern translation, no?

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robertp:
quote:
Originally posted by faust23EDR:
[QUOTE]anyway,im suggesting that supremely unrealistic propositions shouldnt be hinted at in the first place ie. glock 9mm killing a t rex

OK, dude. What caliber should I be using?
im sure i went over this in my previous post

Posts: 11 | Location: victorville | Registered: 19 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 9mm would not do it, but a .44 magnum or even a .357 magnum probably would depending on the range as they are not long range rounds. The .44 magnum is a common caliber for lever-action rifles. A properly choked shotgun blast in the proper place with the right shot would probably do the trick.

But one should really go with a big bore rifle in such an instance Smiler

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i don't think it would be possible, you would need something more powerful to take down a t-rex. Those things are big,and probably had thick skins. maybe a well-aimed bazooka would do the job.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here http://www.khou.com/news/local...-kill.1d16d111e.html is a T-Rex killer in the making.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post