Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Doug, sorry you never got the posting to Europe you craved - but at least in D.C. you will be closer to Europe!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Doug, sorry you never got the posting to Europe you craved - but at least in D.C. you will be closer to Europe!

Posting?

My plan is to move on toward Europe in a few years.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today Washington. Tomorrow the world!

(Posting: I had assumed your master plan was to be shipped overseas... and then decide not to return.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Today Washington. Tomorrow the world!

(Posting: I had assumed your master plan was to be shipped overseas... and then decide not to return.)

That was what us Yanks were hoping for... Smiler

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
That was what us Yanks were hoping for... Smiler

Eeker

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He will be at the 1000 Oaks (in Ventura County) Barnes and Noble on Sunday March 15th at 12 noon.

Just as a reminder of where Mr. B will be on the Ides of March. (What used to be walking distance from Doug's old abode.)

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a reminder of where Mr. B will be on Sunday the 22nd. Mystery Bookstore in Westwood, CA (near UCLA)

http://www.mystery-bookstore.c...archives/002139.html

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Hey John,
A few lines by my wife on the Sierra Madre event:
http://ifyoucouldseewhatisee.b...bradbury-speaks.html
Thought you would like to see it...

Posts: 29 | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great description of the event as it was anticipated and then completely enjoyed! "Mrs. CW's" comment says it all. "My husband was grinning like a ten year old birthday boy getting a table full of dreams!"

I imagine a similar reaction would be experienced by so many of us who have been affected by his writings and love of life!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Wilder:
Hey John,
A few lines by my wife on the Sierra Madre event:
http://ifyoucouldseewhatisee.b...bradbury-speaks.html
Thought you would like to see it...

Speaking as the guy with the dragon lapel pin I can honestly say that the Captain's wife's word were beautiful. One of the joys I get from my volunteer work is seeing how happy people are at getting to meet Ray.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Ray is scheduled to be 30th Annual Paperback Show this Sunday from 1~3.

This is a fun show for those who like pulp fiction, magazines and old paperbacks. It is a great place to fill in your collections of old Playboys (with Ray's stories in them, of course), old Analogs and Amazing Stories, etc.

As you'll see from the web-link there are a number of authors who will be there siging. Unlike many events, there is no requirement to purchase books from a vendor to get your books signed. Most authors will sign any reasonable amount of books presented to them.

Ray draws the largest crowd and may limit the number of books he'll sign so that everybody has a chance to get something signed.

http://www.blackace.net/show-30.htm

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Saturday, March 28, 2009 – 1-3 pm

Ray will be attending the Celebration of the Life of James Whitmore at the Director’s Guild of America Theater, 7920 Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA. 90049. For information, contact Aliah Whitmore at (805) 390-1407 or email aliahwhitmore@yahoo.com.

Sunday, March 29, 2009 – 1-3 pm

Ray will be signing books at the Paperback Collectors Show at the Guest House Inn, 10621 Sepulveda Blvd., Mission Hills, CA. 91345. Admission is $5; Parking is free. For information call (818) 891-1771

Saturday, April 26, 2009 – 4:00 pm Lecture

Ray will attend the Los Angeles Festival of Books. Prior to the lecture, he will be signing books at the Vagabond Books booth. The lecture will be held at Royce Hall, Panel #1054, 4:00 pm per Alexandra – 4:30 pm per the Festival of Books website. Tickets to the festival are free; however, tickets are needed for panel and speaker sessions. Go to ticketmaster.com for reservations (Note: There is a 75-cent charge per ticket.) For more information and directions, go to the Festival of Books website or contact Vagabond Books at (310) 936-5249.

The Festival of Books is located at UCLA, 405 Hilgard Ave., Los Angeles, CA. 90095. Parking in UCLA lots is $8.00.

Saturday, May 16, 2009 – 3:30 pm

Ray will attend the Grand Opening of the Monrovia Public Library. He will give a lecture and sign books. The Monrovia Public Library is located at 321 S. Myrtle Ave., Monrovia, CA. Phone: (626) 256-8274. Per a recorded message, the library is closed through May 16. Their website is www.ci.monrovia.ca.us.

Friday, May 22, 2009 – 6:00 pm Book Signing; 7:00 pm Lecture

Ray will give a lecture and sign books at the Southwest Manuscripters, Torrance Cultural Center, 3330 Civic Center Drive, Torrance, CA. 90503. Phone number for the Torrance Cultural Center is (310) 781-7150.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hi guys, I have been out of touch for a while. Life got really crazy for me starting last fall, and I have spent the last four months overseas. It's a long story.
Anyway, please fill me in a little. How is Ray? From what I have read here, it sounds like he is still rolling at full speed. I wish him the best. I missed his eighty-eighth birthday, but I hope to be there for his eighty-ninth this year, and his 100th too!

Posts: 12 | Registered: 06 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunday, March 29, 2009 – 1-3 pm

Ray will be signing books at the Paperback Collectors Show at the Guest House Inn, 10621 Sepulveda Blvd., Mission Hills, CA. 91345. Admission is $5; Parking is free. For information call (818) 891-1771

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hi all,
It was a nice paperback show in Mission Hills. Unfourtanley Mr B. was too tired to attend because he was partying too late Saturday night. I just wanted to thank J.K.T. for who he is and what a gentleman he is. All of us lovers of Mr B. owe you a debt of gratitude. The tireless work you do,weather for Mr B. or just the paperback show is amazing. But you are right,you can not complain until you get paid. Thank you again. The white haired guy buying the records

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post