Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...and about half leave immediately after the performance (can you believe that?)...

No.

It never ceases to amaze me.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It never ceases to amaze me.

OK, although I refuse to use the term "LOL", I really did laugh out loud at that one.

Just picture jkt, standing there at the book counter, shaking his head at the folks who exit the doors early.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
OK, although I refuse to use the term "LOL", I really did laugh out loud at that one.

Just picture jkt, standing there at the book counter, shaking his head at the folks who exit the doors early.

AND with the Master seated at a table next to me.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
AND with the Master seated at a table next to me.

See?! - there you go!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so bummed - we got to the WeHo book fair nice and early to see him and stand in line for book signing, but the volunteers were unorganized and had confusing signage up -- we stood right at the front where the sign said "Line Starts Here" they didn't tell us that the line was forming "behind" the tent, lo an behold we ended up near the back of the line, Mr. Bradbury got tired and hot and we missed our chance! I'm devastated!

Please if anyone can tell me when or where he may do another book signing, I'll be there with bells on! He's such an inspiration and such a legend, I really want the opportunity to meet him and have him sign my favorite books!

Posts: 3 | Registered: 28 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sasha1 ~

Honestly... some of these book signing venues are the worst case scenarios for getting a book signed during hot, summer months. But next month, Ray Bradbury is re-surrecting one of his plays, 'Fahrenheit 451', in Pasadena. He is usually in a cool calm and collected surroundings of loyal theater goers, where the seats number about a pleasant 100. Ray is the most approachable there, and having a book signed is an unfrustrating event. For both.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another of Mr. B's plays is being brought back "Falling Upward." The premiere night will be February 28, 2009 and is slated to run through April 5th. I hope this is going to be enough notice for you...

It will be in the 350 seat El Portal Theatre, in North Hollywood, CA.

https://www.plays411.net/newsite/show/play_info.asp

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Here is a single photo from Mr. B's lecture at the West Hollywood Festival of Books, earlier today. There were 250 seats plus the tent was three deep in people standing around the outer ring.

p.s. That is the back of Doug Spaulding's heard in the foreground.

John King Tarpinian

ImageWestHollywood.JPG (208 Kb, 17 downloads)

posted Hide Post
John Tarpinian:

That can't be Doug Spaulding. He does not seem to have a movie camera in his hand.

Nice crowd. Happy faces! Expectations of grandios verbage from the master storyteller.

Somehow got stuck in Orange County this weekend. Couldn't get up there this afternoon. Missing out on a lot. But editor Donn Albright and Biographer Jon Eller here next month. And a re-opening of the play, 'Fahrenheit 451'. Gee, life in these environs is goooooooood!

http://www.youtube.com/user/RayBradburyChannel

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sasha1:
I'm so bummed!

Sasha, I feel your frustration - that was very poor organizing by the booth people.

Mr Kordell is correct, please come to "FH451" on a Saturday (first confirm that he'll be there on the date you wish to come) during its extended run, and you shall have your book signed!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
It will be in the 350 seat El Portal Theatre, in North Hollywood, CA.

This is interesting, the site you reference says that the theatre is a 96-seater, but director Tim Owen told us today that it is a 350!

I'm sure Tim would know better than the website.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
That is the back of Doug Spaulding's head in the foreground.

My hair's finally starting to come back out - good!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
That can't be Doug Spaulding. He does not seem to have a movie camera in his hand.

It was at my feet, resting. I still got a couple shots.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
6th Annual Duarte Festival of Authors

Mr. Ray Bradbury will speak at 1 p.m. today.

More information can be found at these websites.
http://www.accessduarte.com/GeneralInformation/latestnews.asp?NewsPage=242

http://www.friendsoftheduartelibrary.com/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies everyone. JKT, that looks like a great event, and I'd love to go, but unfortunately I won't be able to make it.

I'll try for the F451 Saturday nights thing (thanks Nard and Doug, and I will keep my eyes posted to the boards.

cheers.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 28 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post