Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Haha, what's the Bear Pit? Or maybe where is it?

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Should I place my order for a roasted lamb sandwich on garlic toast with beans and slaw from the Bear Pit now?

I would!

If I were there. Except hold the coleslaw.

Slaw is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John,
Thanks for the update.
Do not forget the garlic bread.
Drew

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
Haha, what's the Bear Pit? Or maybe where is it?

The Bear Pit is just the other side of the 118 freeway, two blocks north of the Paperback Show.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John,
Will Mr Bradbury be attending
the U.C.L.A./L.A. Times book show?
Drew

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewbaker:
John,
Will Mr Bradbury be attending
the U.C.L.A./L.A. Times book show?
Drew

He is not scheduled to attend.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,

New here and just had a quick question regarding Mr. Bradbury's appearances. My wife and I were thinking about making a pilgrimage out to sunny California this summer to help Ray celebrate his 90th. I know in the past he's done signings on his birthday (or in days surrounding it). Obviously it is too early for anything to be planned at the moment, but I was wondering if anyone might know if there are any "traditional" events that he usually does to celebrate that we could plan on trying to attend. Like everyone here, Mr. Bradbury has played a huge role in my life, and it would be a real thrill to meet him in person.

Thanks,

David

Posts: 37 | Registered: 31 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davidafshar:
Hello,

New here and just had a quick question regarding Mr. Bradbury's appearances. My wife and I were thinking about making a pilgrimage out to sunny California this summer to help Ray celebrate his 90th. I know in the past he's done signings on his birthday (or in days surrounding it). Obviously it is too early for anything to be planned at the moment, but I was wondering if anyone might know if there are any "traditional" events that he usually does to celebrate that we could plan on trying to attend. Like everyone here, Mr. Bradbury has played a huge role in my life, and it would be a real thrill to meet him in person.

Thanks,

David

For his 90th birthday he is not scheduled to be put to work singing at any of the events. There are a number of events that he will probably attend, including a big public party at UCLA which will be the weekend before his birthday weekend. I have a date but am waiting for UCLA's chancellor to sign off on it.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Cool. Thanks for the info, and I'll keep my eyes open for any news. Having a book signed isn't really all that important; as William F. Nolan once joked, unsigned Bradbury books are rarer than their signed counterparts Smiler

Just wanted to have a chance to attend an event where Mr. Bradbury is present. Living not on the west coast, it's not an opportunity that presents itself often. Would love to hear him speak and wish him well on his birthday, if not personally, then as part of a crowd of fans and admirers.

David

Posts: 37 | Registered: 31 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...he is not scheduled to be put to work singing at any of the events...

It WOULD make a change to hear Ray singing!

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, but we can count out that he did sing...the Body Electric!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
...he is not scheduled to be put to work singing at any of the events...

It WOULD make a change to hear Ray singing!

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I've heard Ray sing, rather have him sign.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
May 1st: Ray is scheduled to appear at Norman Corwin's 100th birthday party.

http://www.cartaudio.org/boxoffice_CART.htm

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
how's Ray doing, haven't seen anything posted here for a long time.....

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Davidafshar says in part:

quote:
'Having a book signed isn't really all that important; as William F. Nolan once joked, unsigned Bradbury books are rarer than their signed counterparts...'

You are right about the signed books. The most important thing is to have the best copies of the books you like, even if this means the originals. And if you pick up a hardback, make sure the dust cover is included or forget it.

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post