Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Rip Torn once appeared in a slasher film. I thought that was rather apt.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, for the info about the Barnes & Nobel event on July 19th! I hope to be there!! How many books will he sign? Will he sign older books along with the new one? It should be a blast!!!

Karen

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How long do you think the event at the Barnes and Noble on July 19 will last? I will be in L.A., but I have a meeting at 1pm.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fanboy: The bookshop will set most of the rules. Being that this is a retail establishment one would expect that all books signed at the event would be those purchased in their store. (Not an unreasonable rule.) One or two hours is what I would anticipate would be the length of the event.

The number of books being signed often depends on the time-allocated and the attendance. Mr. B really wants each person attending to get a book signed. One or two per person may be the limit.

If you are going to be in town on that day, you also might consider attending the performance of Fahrenheit 451, in South Pasadena, that same evening. Mr. B usually attends on Saturday nights. There is no guarantee since there can be other scheduling conflicts. The nice thing about attending the theatre is that a reception is always held after the performance and people get a much more intimate one-on-one with the Master. In addition, bringing a FEW items to sign is never a problem. This may be the last time he attends the theatre since it closing the following weekend, which is ComicCon.

The next play is, tentatively, scheduled to begin in the fall and will, tentatively, be four one act plays based in the graveyard of Greentown. Happy Halloween!!!

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed today that the Comic-Con International web site has started listing the autograph schedule, but was surprised that Mr. Bradbury didn't have an entry in the list, since he's had a slot in the Comic-Con autograph schedule for each of the past several years. Will he be signing books at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego?

Cheers!

-Ray (Yes, Mr. Bradbury and I share the same first name!)

Posts: 1 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 13 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is nothing rarer than an unsigned Bradbury book.
-- William F. Nolan (at Mr. Bradbury's 87th birthday party)

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
There is nothing rarer than an unsigned Bradbury book.
-- William F. Nolan (at Mr. Bradbury's 87th birthday party)

"I'll give you a billion dollars for it!"

- George Clayton Johnson (at the same party)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke to Ray last Friday afternoon and he sounded great. He seemed to have really enjoyed the gathering at Grauman's Egyptian Theatre the evening before.

Wondering some about this I asked Ray when he might have his hand and shoe prints in front of the Chinese Theatre and his comment was that he was wondering what they were waiting on. What another great tribute to such a great guy that would be!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Wondering some about this I asked Ray when he might have his hand and shoe prints in front of the Chinese Theatre and his comment was that he was wondering what they were waiting on. What another great tribute to such a great guy that would be!

Good idea. I just emailed Mann's about it. Now we play the waiting game.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Will he be signing books at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego?

The website does show Mr. B lecturing from 3:30 p.m. ~ 4:30 p.m.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Here is a link to a nice ariticle about ComicCon in today's Los Angeles Times.
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/front/la-et-co...ul23,0,4219778.story

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Another article from today's Los Angeles Times about this weekend's ComicCon:
http://www.latimes.com/theguide/events-and-festivals/la...ul24,0,6415789.story

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
More posting tomorrow but for now if you want to know if Mr. Bradbury had a good time at ComicCon just take a look at the attached photo.

John King Tarpinian

ImageTheKiss.JPG (177 Kb, 13 downloads) The Kiss

posted Hide Post
Is there any way to get a book signed or otherwise meet Mr. Bradbury when he is NOT doing any official signings? I will be in the area very briefly but meeting him would be such an unbelievable honor...but I'm not really sure how to request that. It seems a bit presumptuous...

Posts: 2 | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SirBudgeisCool:
Is there any way to get a book signed or otherwise meet Mr. Bradbury when he is NOT doing any official signings? I will be in the area very briefly but meeting him would be such an unbelievable honor...but I'm not really sure how to request that. It seems a bit presumptuous...

Your best bet would be to come to a performance of F451, at the Fremont Centre Theatre. The play has been extended for the second time and runs until August 10th. As a general rule, Mr. B attends the theatre on Saturday nights. This is not an official signing event however, there is usually a reception afterwards where Mr. B has been known to sign an item or two.

John King Tarpinian