Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Here is the information on Ray Bradbury's Merry Christmas 2116 at the Fremont Centre Theatre. There will be three performances ONLY on December 5th, 12th and 19th. The first act will be the musical he created for Charles Laughton and Elsa Lanchester. The second act will be Ray, very much live and on stage. A reception follows.

https://www.plays411.net/newsi...nfo.asp?show_id=2186

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you that live is the South portion of Southern California Ray will be at the Escondido Thursday afternoon.

http://sandiegospace.org/2009/...dido-public-library/

For those of you who have no idea where (or what) Escondido is you head South to San Diego and make a left before you get to the promised land. Smiler

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Escondido is a good word.

"I knew I should have made a left toin at Albukoykee!"

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the banner outside the Fremont Centre Theatre proclaiming Merry Christmas 2116. I hope to see many of your there each of the three performances.

John King Tarpinian

ImageMC2116Banner.jpg (224 Kb, 13 downloads)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Here is the banner outside the Fremont Centre Theatre proclaiming Merry Christmas 2116. I hope to see many of your there each of the three performances.

Hey - I got that very photo earlier today on a text message! Imagine the coincidence.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

Hey - I got that very photo earlier today on a text message! Imagine the coincidence.

I guess not everybody on the Left Coast has forgotten your name.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess not everybody on the Left Coast has forgotten your name.

"John who?"

I still chuckle at that. Actually, I literally laugh out loud every time I think of that.

I also LOL whenever I think of what Ray said to that goth kid in Musso & Frank's when they approached 4E and him having lunch.

Good times.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:

I've gotten word that all three performances have been sold out.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:

This play has been so well received that after its three week Christmas run it is being brought back on January 16th with a second act.

I'll keep you guessing about what the second play will be but give one hint. One play si set in 2116 and the other is set in 1916.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jkt:

Indeed they were -- Saturday night I consoled myself by walking around the neighborhood and stopping in for a brief after-show 'hello.'

quote:
This play has been so well received that after its three week Christmas run it is being brought back on January 16th with a second act.

I'm most certainly making the Jan. 16 performance.

quote:
I'll keep you guessing about what the second play will be but give one hint. One play si set in 2116 and the other is set in 1916.

'Round the Wheel of Fortune and Life, to begin at the Beginning...

Posts: 39 | Location: Big Sur, CA | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Zoned Out?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
I'll keep you guessing about what the second play will be but give one hint. One play is set in 2116 and the other is set in 1916.

Zoned Out?

The story was in the first printing of Long After Midnight but not in future printings.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Coming January 16th:

Because of this all-be-it short run and the sold out performances 'Merry Christmas 2116' comes back on January 16th (under its original title: Happy Anniversary 2116) along with a second act from the true first of 'Long After Midnight,' 'A Better Part of Wisdom.' Wisdom was excised from future printing because of its controversy. (now you have to do some homework) Both performances will be billed as Ray Bradbury’s Wisdom.

(2116 is mentioned in the James Whale biography on page 381. 'James Whale: A New World of Gods and Monsters.')

Tickets will be available online just after the new year.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Wisdom was excised from future printing because of its controversy.

But you can read it here.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I don't get it, these Bradbury wisdom writings. Why does Bradbury use Christ's name in vain so frequently thruout, and God's name in something close to curse words and call it part of the context of wisdom? Especially during the Christian Holy Season! What gives? Have we've become that gritty?

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post