Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scotty:
I have found out that Ray will be at the West Hollywood Book Fair on September 28th...

He sure will!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you going DS?

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's in my iCal, let's leave it at that.

Those who know what I went thru this weekend will get that joke.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those who know what I went thru this weekend will get that joke.

Well since I do not I will assume that you are?

posted Hide Post
Are what? Going?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Are what? Going?

YES, RU ?

posted Hide Post
I plan to. It's just that I planned to go to Acres of Books Saturday with Mr B, and couldn't get free of the set, and then I planned to go to Bob Dylan last night (yes, I had already bought tickets), and the shoot went two hours over schedule because of technical/logistical problems, so that screwed that!

I just emailed Bob Dylan about it telling him that I want to give him a copy of the film when it's done so I can get some closure.

The bad thing was that the first problem was completely avoidable and I want somebody's head on a platter.

Perhaps you can tell that I'm pretty mad.

On another note: What's on the Turntable? Modern Times by Bob Dylan. Oh, sorry - wrong thread.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
I plan to. Perhaps you can tell that I'm pretty mad.

Doug, don't you see that this could be a movie in itself? Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Doug, were you aware that Bob's real name is Robert Zimmerman and he is from Hibbing, Minnesota, the original home of Greyhound bus lines?

A friend, who is from Hibbing, grew up across the street from Bob and would watch him and his band practicing in his family's garage.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug: Great photos from the SK set. Any thoughts of "discretely" placing a copy of F451 on a classroom bookshelf so it gets some camera time!?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frank, SK set, photos? What are you talking about? Have I missed something?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
American Cinematheque event at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood, California.

"Friday, October 10 – 7:30 PM
Ray Bradbury In-Person!

SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES, 1983, Disney, 95 min. Dir. Jack Clayton (THE INNOCENTS, OUR MOTHER’S HOUSE). A strange carnival comes to a small Illinois town on a windy October night, bringing with it Mr. Dark (Jonathan Pryce), a sinister impresario who will mystify young boys Will and Jim (Vidal Peterson and Shawn Carson) and bewitch many of the town’s inhabitants with apparent answers to their dreams. Or is it their nightmares? Jason Robards, the older single dad of Will and a reclusive librarian who has given up on life, suddenly finds himself challenged by the mysteriously seductive threat – he may be the one person who can save the town from Mr. Dark – and itself. Ray Bradbury wrote the screenplay, adapting his own novel. Discussion following the film with writer Ray Bradbury.

Saturday, October 11 – 7:30 PM

Ray Bradbury In-Person! Double Feature:

MOBY DICK, 1956, MGM Repertory, 116 min. Gregory Peck stars as Ahab in director John Huston’s heroic attempt to translate Herman Melville’s masterpiece to the screen, aided by a powerful adaptation by screenwriter Ray Bradbury. The film manages to capture the epic sweep and near-biblical tone of the novel, has a superb cast, including Richard Basehart, and features an astonishing cameo by Orson Welles as Father Mapple. "MOBY DICK was the most difficult picture I ever made. I lost so many battles during it that I even began to suspect that my assistant director was plotting against me. Then I realized it was only God." – John Huston.

THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS, 1953, Warner Bros., 80 min. Dir. Eugene Lourie. A giant prehistoric creature called a rhedosaurus is awakened from his icy slumber by nuclear testing and travels to New York City, where he takes his bad temper out on the stunned population. Based on a short story by longtime Ray Harryhausen pal Ray Bradbury (they met years earlier as members of the Los Angeles Science Fiction Society, along with Forrest Ackerman!). Starring Paul Christian, Paula Raymond, Kenneth Tobey. Discussion between films with writer Ray Bradbury."

I will link to the website when more information is posted.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Frank, SK set, photos? What are you talking about? Have I missed something?

Check your email.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Parish:
Doug, don't you see that this could be a movie in itself? Big Grin

I'm not reliving that!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Doug, were you aware that Bob's real name is Robert Zimmerman and he is from Hibbing, Minnesota, the original home of Greyhound bus lines?

A friend, who is from Hibbing, grew up across the street from Bob and would watch him and his band practicing in his family's garage.

I was aware, and I am envious of your friend.

"Live Forever!"