Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Jon gave a nice PowerPoint presentation showing all the related works of Ray's that lead up to F451. Other stories were quotes were slightly reworked and made it into F451. Afterwards he did a nice Q&A.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know of any more appearances by Mr. Bradbury aside from the awarding?

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: 29 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Well, since the University has made the information public I guess I can post the links:

http://woodbury.edu/news/view/...ury-creativity-award

http://www.woodburyalumni.com/...&ecid=3956&post_id=0

There has been one program change. Instead of Malcolm McDowell as the presenter you'll have to "settle" for Bo Derek.

If Kirk's Welsh daughter-in-law attends I'm going to go home with whiplash. Wink

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Instead of Malcolm McDowell as the presenter you'll have to "settle" for Bo Derek.

Now, I like Malcolm just as much as the next feller, but may I just say that I'm settled?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, When Will Ray Be Doing His Next Book, and When Will He Be Doing A Book Signing In The Near Future?

Have A Nice Day!

KC

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
Email address removed.

"Aw, sucks" is a Cockney phrase?

I did not see the listing of Senior Dark. Did I miss it?

Thanks, jkt.

Don't know about "Aw, sucks", but "Aw sHucks" seems to be quite universal in the English-speaking world, if a Google Search is anything to go by.

Is "Senior Dark" Mr Dark's father?

Big Grin

(Just thought I'd join in with those smiley faces.)

Phil: Should you not be standing along the River Thames waving at the Queen right now?

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I can get soaked in the rain by standing outside my own house, thus giving precisely the same effect as standing on the banks of the Thames. I can even wave at the Queen from outside my own house if I want to. She won't see me, but I doubt if she would see me from the banks of the Thames either.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can get soaked in the rain by standing outside my own house, thus giving precisely the same effect as standing on the banks of the Thames. I can even wave at the Queen from outside my own house if I want to. She won't see me, but I doubt if she would see me from the banks of the Thames either.

Rain? This is June...it does not rain in June. It won't rain again until November or December... (ducking)

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:

Rain? This is June...it does not rain in June. It won't rain again until November or December... (ducking)

It sure do in Washington, buddy!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rain? Here's Rear-Admiral Mr tinkerbell at the helm. We love it! (So we keep telling ourselves.) Can anyone fix us a Green Card for California??????????

ImageFlotilla_1109.jpg (214 Kb, 8 downloads)

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
...Here's Rear-Admiral Mr tinkerbell at the helm...

A typical Bank Holiday scene in the UK!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...FSvdN0&feature=share

It's bloody pouring in Washington State right now.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
It's bloody pouring in Washington State right now.

Better than pouring blood?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

A typical Bank Holiday scene in the UK!

Dunkirk spirit!

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi John (JKT) I want to give you my condolences on the death of Ray, I will always remember sitting with my girlfriend in her wheelchair next to Ray at the opening of Dandelion Wine in Pasadena. Thanks for honoring me with that opportunity. I can't locate your direct e-mail so I hope this gets to you. I really hope Ray enjoyed the Joe Mugnaini drawing we gave him. I hope all is well with you as well.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post