Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewbaker:
I just wanted to thank J.K.T. for who he is and what a gentleman he is.

jkt is a gentleman!? Nice!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr Spaulding,
As you well know Mr. J.K.T. is a gentleman as well as a scholar. When he told me the tale os getting U.C.L.A. to honor Mr B. with the plaque almost drove me over the edge. Anyway, thank you again J.K.T.

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P.S.,
That 39 Hamilton was beautiful.
Drew

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewbaker:
Mr Spaulding,
As you well know Mr. J.K.T. is a gentleman as well as a scholar.

I know! He's a great fellow.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to join you in praise of jkt.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aw Shucks.

I'm the lucky one, never would I have thought that I'd spend a day talking physics with Jerry Pournelle or chatting old TV with Edd "Kookie" Byrnes. Having Bill Nolan talking about the old days with Ray and Richard Matheson...who's son RC Matheson was at the show, too. I even got to briefly chat with Matt Groening. A local mystery author, Mike Mallory, told me how his son just took first prize at his school's science fair for his experiment showing at what temperature paper burns.

Needless to say, meeting the board people in the flesh (even if I am bad a names) is a nice added touch.

Everybody who goes to the Festival of Books has to try to enter the Powell Library, walk down the east stairs, then turn left. The first door on the left is where F451 was written and now there is a placque proclaiming same.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you who wish to attend the UCLA Festival of Books AND want to see Ray talk you should know that lectures are being held at Ackerman(no relation) Hall. This venue holds 600 less seats than Royce Hall. Get your tickets EARLY...which will not be available until April 19th.

http://www.latimes.com/extras/...books/ticketing.html

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, John! I was checking the Bradbury video of the actors singing an Irish song to him, thinking how I could up the resolution, when a small earthquake hit here in Orange County. Anything by you?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hm! I guess not!
Check back later...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Hey, John! I was checking the Bradbury video of the actors singing an Irish song to him, thinking how I could up the resolution, when a small earthquake hit here in Orange County. Anything by you?

Not so much as a rumble.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Not so much as a rumble.

Nothing here either.

I'm just saying.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Nard, nothing reported yet on Seismo-Watch!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next Saturday is the Los Angeles Times/UCLA Festival of Books. In today's L.A. Times circular there is an interview with Ray. Unfortunatly, I cannot fine an online link to share with those of you outside the area. But, if you are inside the area pick up your copy today.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/..._bradbury/index.html

John ( jkt): You are right. I couldn't locate LA Times interview online with Ray either. But a good interview in today's Los Angeles Times, Festival of Books Section...

But here (above link)
is New York Times with a lot of ""stuff"" on Ray...including an interview from...(gasp!) 1951!

posted Hide Post
Nard:

Who say nothing ever good comes from behind the Orange Curtain? Big Grin

Thanks.

John King Tarpinian