Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrE:
I wish he'd come to Forilda.

Or, you could book a flight out to the left coast. I suggest February 20th, but cannot say more for a few more days.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a hunch, but I'll keep it to myself.

Except..."2 degrees South, 78 degrees East."

?

Thanks for keeping us informed.
Happy New Year!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: groovista,

Posts: 39 | Location: Big Sur, CA | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the link for theatre tickts for Ray Bradbury's Wisdom:
https://www.plays411.net/newsite/show/play_info.asp

Remember: As a general rule, Ray attends on Saturday nights, Feb. 13th is the known exception for this run. If you buy tickets for the opening night, Jan. 16th, there will be an after party. The same holds for the closing night performance but this performance could be extended so do not depend on the current closing date.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep your eyes on this discussion for an announcement or three come Monday.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
March 21st is the 31st annual Los Angeles Paperback Show. Ray is scheduled to be in attendance. More information as we get closer to the show. In the planning stages is a memorial service for Dan O'Bannon.

Also, keep your eyes peeled for March 26, 27, & 28th. Neat stuff will be happening at the Egyptian Theatre in world famous Hollywood, California. Ray should be at one or more of the events.

Of course, this weekend starts a new round of plays. Goto www.plays411.com/raybradbury for more specifics.

Don't forget that Ray will be at the Venice Library on the evening of the 21st of January.

Finally, there is the biggie on February 20th with the Bleeding Edge anthology signing event.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...the Bleeded Edge anthology signing event.

Is this the ewe version of the signing? Big Grin

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, who just posted this? At least I thought somebody just posted it. If not, where did I get it!? I'm in the Twilight Zone!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like that video has been on Youtube since November. Did you notice this other one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...n_MQ&feature=related

Recently posted, but recorded in 2001. Very poor video quality, but interesting.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Did you notice this other one:

I saw that one recently, yes.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I'm a little confused (nothing unusual there)--has Wisdom 2116 been changed? The postcard at the Theatre mentions only the ballet, not the 1916 act.

jkt, He Who Knows All...what's up with that?

"Yes, yes. What a lovely insanity."

Posts: 12 | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Xxx:
I'm a little confused (nothing unusual there)--has Wisdom 2116 been changed? The postcard at the Theatre mentions only the ballet, not the 1916 act.

jkt, He Who Knows All...what's up with that?

There was an artistic decision to let the Ballet stand on its own but press releases had already been issues so not to confuse the simple minded theatre reviewers then compromised on the name of the play.

Follow-Up Press Release follows:
PHILIP SOKOLOFF
Publicity for the theatre
January 5, 2010

“RAY BRADBURY’S WISDOM 2116”
WORLD PREMIERE AT FREMONT CENTRE THEATRE ON JANUARY 16
Revisions in bold and underlined

After careful consideration, an artistic decision was made regarding the new evening of theatre entitled “Ray Bradbury’s Wisdom,” to be subsequently entitled “Ray Bradbury’s Wisdom 2116.” Plans originally had been announced for the show to begin with a curtain raiser, “Wisdom (1916).” That piece is being deferred to a later date, thus keeping the current evening to a more manageable length and permitting Ray’s new musical to shine all on its own.

WHAT/WHO: “Ray Bradbury’s Wisdom 2116.” World Premiere engagement of a new musical. Book and lyrics by Ray Bradbury. Music by John Hoke. Developed, directed and choreographed by Steve Josephson. Produced by Ray Bradbury and by Racquel Lehrman, Theatre Planners. Presented by Ray Bradbury’s Pandemonium Theatre Company and Gallimaufry Performing Arts.
WHERE: Fremont Centre Theatre, 1000 Fremont Ave. (at El Centro), South Pasadena, CA 91030. Ample free parking behind theatre.
WHEN: Opens Saturday, January 16, 2010, runs through Saturday, February 27. Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m., Sun. at 3 p.m.
ADMISSION: $20. Seniors, $15. Students, $10.
RESERVATIONS: (323) 960-4451.
ONLINE TICKETING: www.Plays411.com/raybradbury
…excerpted from the full press release by Phil Sokolof

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Thursday in the rain:
Ray will be lecturing and signing books at the Venice Library, 401 So.Venice Blvd., Venice 90291. For additional information, contact the Library at 310-821-1769.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Being a born and bred Californian I stayed inside on Thursday night and did not attend the library event because water was falling from the sky. We Californians are like chickens when this happens, we become so amazed that we will raise our heads up and drown.

However, I'll be at the theatre tonight. If anybody else from this board is there please make sure to say howdy-do.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
JKT, since you seem to be in the know:

I'm a graduate student at UC Riverside in the history department. My dissertation research is on public transportation. Bradbury was involved in a transit advocacy group called PRIME in the 1960s. It is about this that I would like to speak with him.

Would your advice on that be to head to one of these plays and speak with him after on the chance that I could talk him into speaking with me privately? Or is there a better way. I considered going through HarperCollins, but that sort of message might get lost in all the fan noise (not that I'm not a fan).

Thanks ahead of time. I'll check back here for a response, or you can e-mail me directly at james.stroup@email.ucr.edu.

Best, Jimmy Stroup

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JNS:
JKT, since you seem to be in the know:

I'm a graduate student at UC Riverside in the history department. My dissertation research is on public transportation. Bradbury was involved in a transit advocacy group called PRIME in the 1960s. It is about this that I would like to speak with him.

Would your advice on that be to head to one of these plays and speak with him after on the chance that I could talk him into speaking with me privately? Or is there a better way. I considered going through HarperCollins, but that sort of message might get lost in all the fan noise (not that I'm not a fan).

Thanks ahead of time. I'll check back here for a response, or you can e-mail me directly at james.stroup@email.ucr.edu.

Best, Jimmy Stroup

check you email

John King Tarpinian