Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Will Ray be doing any appearances in the near future, in the Los Angeles or Orange County areas, as I missed the Pomona Library event?

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scotty:
Will Ray be doing any appearances in the near future, in the Los Angeles or Orange County areas, as I missed the Pomona Library event?

There are a couple possible events between now and the end of the year. When they are solidified I will post here.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great of you to keep us all informed John.

Dave Clow

"Yes, yes. What a lovely insanity."

Posts: 12 | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!!!

posted Hide Post
Any word on these yet?

Posts: 12 | Location: Arkansas! | Registered: 27 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will Ray be doing any more signings or events this year? I would like to attend a signing!
KC

posted Hide Post
quote:
Will Ray be doing any more signings or events this year? I would like to attend a signing!
KC

If you truly mean within the next five days, the answer is no. Ray has two graphic novels due out in May and a new anthology due out around April. It is a safe bet that he may do at least one public signing. I'll post the exact info. if and when everything comes together.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you who live in the South:

http://www.facebook.com/home.p...3&id=102351536487983

If you have not seen the "Irish" plays it is worth making the trip. They are delightful.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Thanks, John! We're very excited about FALLING UPWARD.

If you visit the Pillar of Fire Facebook page referenced in John's post, you can also see photos from our recent BRADBURY 90 productions of the science-fiction collection THE MACHINERIES OF JOY and our WEIRD TALES-themed omnibus, THE OCTOBER COUNTRY.

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

This message has been edited. Last edited by: William Lantry,

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Omnibus is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear about the graphics novels, looking forward to them.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will Ray Bradbury be doing any future book signing events? Will he be at the LA Festival of Books?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Will Ray Bradbury be doing any future book signing events? Will he be at the LA Festival of Books?

I cannot speak to actual signing events coming up but Ray has his new anthology coming out around Easter along with two graphic novels slated for a June release not to mention Jon Eller's Volume 1. I'd expect that Ray will be out and about but it is too early to have anything in stone.

Since the Festival of Books has moved to USC I'm not sure what the people who host Ray in their booth, Vagabond Books, have in mind or if they will have a booth.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Is there any chance Ray would return to the Paperback Collector Show on March 27th? I know he has been a guest there in the past but has not made it the last couple of years due to health or conflicting schedules.

Posts: 1 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 07 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray will not be attending this year. However, William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson are both among the writers scheduled to return. Here is a link to a list of the scheduled guests, and the times of their appearances.

http://www.la-vintage-paperback-show.com/index.html

Posts: 2452 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post