Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
how's Ray doing, haven't seen anything posted here for a long time.....

I hear tell he's resting up his legs for the big Summer ahead!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray is doing fine. He pulled a leg muscle and at close to 90 years of age it takes time to fix itself.

Last weekend, we were having such a great conversation that we missed the Preakness which was on the big screen in his study.

There is a fund raising event on June 5th that he is planning to attend along with Sam Weller's book launch on the 26th, but that depends on doctor's orders.

Things will be back to normal very soon...with multiple birthday celebrations to come.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John, Is the book launch still going to be at Mystery and Imagination? Can you let us know all the specifics when you know?

Posts: 2 | Location: san diego county,ca. | Registered: 13 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wickerman:
John, Is the book launch still going to be at Mystery and Imagination? Can you let us know all the specifics when you know?
Flyer Attached. I should add that this will be the first time and maybe the only time that the book will be available in hardback.

John King Tarpinian

ImageListenToTheEchoes.jpg (257 Kb, 25 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks quite possible that Black Francis, the founding member of the seminal alternative rock band, the Pixies, will be at the signing too. Francis wrote the forward. This could be quite a special event.

More details to come.

Posts: 71 | Registered: 01 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, jkt, I hope Ray's leg is back to normal soon!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks, jkt, I hope Ray's leg is back to normal soon!

fanboy: Are you going to make it down for the event? How about that Comic-Con thingy?

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I'm gonna be at Comic-con again this year. I have to say, Ray is the main reason I go every year, to hear his wonderful lectures. Then, I had the honor of seeing Ray, Ray H. and Forry do their panel together....that won't happen again.....

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm gonna be at Comic-con again this year. I have to say, Ray is the main reason I go every year, to hear his wonderful lectures. Then, I had the honor of seeing Ray, Ray H. and Forry do their panel together....that won't happen again.....

You know where I'll be so make sure to jump up and down and wave so I see you in the crowd.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I'll try to get closer to the stage this year, so you might have a chance of seeing me jumping up and down!

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll try to get closer to the stage this year, so you might have a chance of seeing me jumping up and down!

No excuse, last year I was the one running on and off the stage getting the Space Launch CD prepared.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
The Space Launch footage was really great, I'm so glad I was able to see it there. Hearing Ray retell the story to go with it was priceless.

Running on and off the stage wasn't very easy with that crowd. And then as soon as the lecture was over, people swarmed up to the stage. Guess I'm not the only one that likes Ray Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
The Space Launch footage was really great, I'm so glad I was able to see it there. Hearing Ray retell the story to go with it was priceless.

Running on and off the stage wasn't very easy with that crowd. And then as soon as the lecture was over, people swarmed up to the stage. Guess I'm not the only one that likes Ray Wink

I could tell the audience really appreciated the video. I'd say very few people were aware, much less alive, when it was made. Luckily I remember to bring it with me to San Diego.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I talked to Sam Weller earlier today and he had talked to Black Francis of the Pixies who wrote the introduction to "Listen to the Echoes." Black has confirmed that he will be attending the booksigning on June 26th.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Just wondering when we'll see something new from Ray at Fremont Centre.

"Yes, yes. What a lovely insanity."

Posts: 12 | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post