Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
This link is to the calendar for the City of Torrance...showing the date and time to be the 30th at 7 p.m.

http://www.ci.torrance.ca.us/TCAC/4605.htm

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

Did you make it to the Newport Beach Friends of the Library event?

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When will Ray Bradbury appear in NYC area?

Posts: 3 | Location: CT | Registered: 23 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. B tends to stay in the greater Southern California area.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
On the Torrance appearance, can anyone confirm the date from a third source? I've called and left messages, but to no avail....of course it is a holiday weekend.

Posts: 12 | Location: Arkansas! | Registered: 27 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MedicAR:
On the Torrance appearance, can anyone confirm the date from a third source? I've called and left messages, but to no avail....of course it is a holiday weekend.

I good source would be the City of Torrance:

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
quote:
Originally posted by MedicAR:

I good source would be the City of Torrance:

That link isn't working.

Posts: 12 | Location: Arkansas! | Registered: 27 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. B is scheduled to appear at this weekend's Book Expo America. (BEA) According to their schedule, he is slated to be signing Farewell Summer from 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. at table 22.

http://www.bookexpoamerica.com/en-us/autographing.cfm

http://www.lesliereiter.com/RX/BEAAuto08Author.pdf

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Hello: I have missed the last appearances from Mr. Bradbury will there be any future appearances from Mr. Bradbury in the Los Angeles/Orange County areas soon! Any info would greatly be appreciated!

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a photo from tongiht's lecture before 500 people at the Southwest Scripters writer's conference. This was Mr. B's 59th consecutive appearance.

John King Tarpinian

ImageScripters1.jpg (99 Kb, 14 downloads) Southwest Scripters

posted Hide Post
Cool pic! Thanks for sharing!

posted Hide Post
This is a link to the Sci-Fi newsletter File770. The most recent issue has a nice article about the Eaton Conference with a photo of Mr. B. and Mr. Pohl holding Mars. Also photos of Ray after his Egypt phone call and of the three legends: Ray Harryhausen, Ray Bradbury and Forrest J. Ackerman.

http://efanzines.com/File770/File770-153.pdf

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
jkt:
John, thanks! for posting the 'File770' fanzine. It brings back a lot of memories, especially my days as LASFS (Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society). Good to see Mike Glyer has been at it all these years. Wow. This ain't no fanzine. This is a MAGAZINE! Have to make some time and read thru it entirely.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
jkt:
John, thanks! for posting the 'File770' fanzine. It brings back a lot of memories, especially my days as LASFS (Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society). Good to see Mike Glyer has been at it all these years. Wow. This ain't no fanzine. This is a MAGAZINE! Have to make some time and read thru it entirely.

Nard,

I believe the Fanzine is available in a hardcopy for a subscription fee. Would you believe I've known John for almost thirty years and only recently did I put the two together.

Mike's wife is doing a signing at Mystery and Imagination in, I think, October.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
What is my idea of a nice July day? Spending "An Afternoon with Ray Bradbury” at Barnes & Nnoble in Santa Monica at 3rd Street Promenade on Saturday the 19th at 2 p.m.

John King Tarpinian