Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks for persevering, jkt.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Just this one? Wink

Oh, you funny, funny man.

Depending on which board-members are asked, there could be multitudinous posts of mine which are meaningless!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Thanks for persevering, jkt.

I was using many bleeping expletives but I finally won out.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barnes and Noble: Third Street Promenade, Santa Monica, CA
Saturday, June 13th at 12 noon.

http://store-locator.barnesand...ts/contributor/89682

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John,
Thank you for getting U.C.L.A. to finally reconize Mr. Bradbury with the plaque. But I also have to say what a piece of **** U.C.L.A. was about it and where they placed it. Not even an honorary degree or building named after him.
Anyway,thank you again

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewbaker:
John,
Thank you for getting U.C.L.A. to finally reconize Mr. Bradbury with the plaque. But I also have to say what a piece of **** U.C.L.A. was about it and where they placed it. Not even an honorary degree or building named after him.
Anyway,thank you again

The plaque was placed outside the actual room where F451 was written. An honorary degree would have no meaning to Ray, a man who taught himself with books.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
An honorary degree would have no meaning to Ray, a man who taught himself with books.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't an honorary degree of some sorts bestowed on Ray Bradbury recently by Columbia College in Chicago?

http://www.windycitizen.com/ch...s-due-to-poor-health

http://www.lib.colum.edu/archives/honorarydegrees.php

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will Mr. Bradbury be coming to Comic-Con this year?

Posts: 1 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 13 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lauranna:
Will Mr. Bradbury be coming to Comic-Con this year?

Too early to confirm but my money is on YES.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
If any of you are going to the dedication of the Monrovia, CA public library please come over and say howdy. I'll be wearing a canary yellow polo shirt with ill fitting tan slacks.

Mr. Bradbury will be giving the keynote address (when Ray talks about library openings it seems more like a benediction) at 3:30 p.m.

http://cityofmonrovia.org/inde...brary-Dedication.cfm

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Ill-fitting is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Ill-fitting is a good word.

Once cannot be ill-tempered when one is with Ray.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
One cannot be ill-tempered when one is with Ray.

Just as long as all those goth kids aren't at Musso & Frank's asking 4E for his autograph and ignoring Ray - then he might get ill-tempered.

I'm ill-at-ease to tell this story since it belongs to another here on the board. Maybe he'll tell it. I laughed all afternoon (on and off) after hearing that.

I hope my bringing it up wasn't ill-advised.

I like putting "ill" in front of words.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The book signing went very well yesterday. A cadre or "usual suspects" were in attendance. The mail library meeting room had sets for 90 people, that was filled up along with people standing around the walls. They filled up a second room and a third...which had TV feeds. A nice day in a beautiful new library.

(I'll tell the story that Doug hinted at in ruled paper)

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll tell the story that Doug hinted at in ruled paper.

Good. Be sure to include the salty language - it's funnier.

Cadre is a good word.

"Live Forever!"