Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Doug, do you know which stories are in the magazines you will be buying? If the stories are illustrated, any chance of you uploading a scan?

I do not know, and there is every chance in the world for my great and good friend across the water.

In high school, my friend's older brother had a friend who brought photocopied pages of a Bradbury story (One For His Lordship, and One For the Road) which he had copied from a recent Playboy. When the page featured a "Playboy cartoon", he covered them with a piece of paper before copying them. My friend and I always enjoyed a chuckle over that overly-cautious action.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Wilder:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by scotty:
I would like to know when Mr. Bradbury will be doing any appearances/booksings in the Los Angeles/Orange County areas? Will he be doing a book tour to promote his new books?

Any input would greatly be appreciated as I would like to meet him and have my book signed!

Regarding the coming event in the City of Sierra Madre, CA:
Evening With Ray Bradbury, 2-7-09

http://cityofsierramadre.com/index.php?mod=event_detail&id=688

They also have a creative writing contest based on Fahrenheit 451 as a theme:
http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_11547324

Below is the entry that I am submitting - hope it inspires others to join in!
==========================================================

Posts: 29 | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by scotty:
I would like to know when Mr. Bradbury will be doing any appearances/booksings in the Los Angeles/Orange County areas? Will he be doing a book tour to promote his new books?

Any input would greatly be appreciated as I would like to meet him and have my book signed!

Regarding the coming event in the City of Sierra Madre, CA:
Evening With Ray Bradbury, 2-7-09

http://cityofsierramadre.com/index.php?mod=event_detail&id=688

They also have a creative writing contest based on Fahrenheit 451 as a theme:
http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_11547324

posted Hide Post
I think I will be attending the Sierra Madre event. Would be glad to meet other Bradbury fans from the board.

posted Hide Post
Ok - got tickets and hotel reservations. Confirmed! See you in Sierra Madre next Saturday!

posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I will be attending the Sierra Madre event. Would be glad to meet other Bradbury fans from the board.

I'll be the short fat guy wearing an ill fitting sport coat sporting a dragon lapel pin.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What might Mr. B have scheduled for April 10-17, if anyone has a calendar of his many events at hand?!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see anything on my calendar - Falling Upward ends on the 5th.

But one never knows, do one?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
What might Mr. B have scheduled for April 10-17, if anyone has a calendar of his many events at hand?!
f

Bad timing. The Festival of Books and the Sci-Fi awards thing are the following weekend.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why, look who made the Sunday paper way out here in Ventura county.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Why, look who made the Sunday paper way out here in Ventura county.

Nicely written.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Great article. Thanks.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a snapshop of the standing ovation accorded Mr. B, last night at the Sierra Madre One-City One-Book event.

As I am sure many of you know, Sierra Madre was the city the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers was filmed.

p.s. It was nice to meet Mr. and Mrs. Captain Wilder last night.

John King Tarpinian

ImageSierraMadre.JPG (203 Kb, 8 downloads)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Lake:
Great article. Thanks.

You're quite welcome. I do what I can up here on the coast.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
It was nice to meet Mr. and Mrs. Captain Wilder last night.

Wouldn't that be Captain and Mrs Wilder?

"Live Forever!"