Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Not wishing to sound cynical, but I suspect Mr B was restricted to selecting from a list put in front of him.

See? You were right, not cynical!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello:

I was lucky to see Mr. Bradbury last week and would like to know if he will be doing any future book signings/appearances for the Los Angeles/Orange county areas in the coming future?

Thanks!

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears that Mr. B is scheduled to attend his theatre group's performance of Fahrenheit 451 this Friday night. www.plays411.com

He will be at the Ojai Film Festival this Saturday. See earlier postings.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are any book signings scheduled in the Los Angeles area between now and Thanksgiving...

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please check out the post by jkt about Ray Bradbury's They Have Not Seen the Stars. A bookstore in Glendale CA is having a signing on Nov. 22 at Noon. Its called Mystery and Imagination and they have a website mysteryandimagination.com. Good Luck!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrekFan:
Are any book signings scheduled in the Los Angeles area between now and Thanksgiving...

Reposted for clarity:
Hosted by Ray Bradbury
Saturday, November 22nd from 1 p.m. -5 p.m.
BOOKFELLOWS MYSTERY AND IMAGINATION BOOKSHOP
238 North Brand Boulevard, Glendale, California 91203

On November 22nd Ray Bradbury is hosting a birthday party for his dear friend Forrest J Ackerman. As most of you have heard, Forry is quite ill and will not be able to attend the event. We will be videotaping this function so that Forry will have a DVD with all of his friends wishing him happy birthday to watch on his birthday, the 24th.

We'd like to have people wish Forry the very best and let him know how much he is loved. All of Forry's long time friends have been invited. People can give testimony/tributes to Forry. A microphone for those inclined to tell a Forry story, or tell us (and him) what he means to them.

We’ll have a full sheet cake with an image of 4E and a monster collage on it. The event is quasi-private. Instead of a come-one come-all event the word has gone out to friends of Forry first. We’ll possibly be doing a video conference if Forry is up to it. He may be able to briefly greet us. Hopefully, we’ll be able to wish him happy birthday in real-time.

If people, here, wish to post a tribute to Forry I will print it out and make sure it gets to Forry. If you’d prefer to make your letter private please email UncleEinar@earthlink.net. I will print that out and make sure it gets to Forry. You can still put a stamp on a birthday card and mail it directly to him:
Forrest J Ackerman
4511 Russell Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027

This is not a formal signing event but a celebration of the Ackermonster, hosted by Ray Bradbury. Although, Mr. B may be inclined to sign an item or two that is purchased from the bookshop.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WHEN WILL RAY BE SIGNING BOOKS IN THE LOS ANGELES/ORANGE COUNTY AREAS DURING THE HOLIDAYS!

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow night at Fahrenheit 451.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to the Black Ace bookshow 9 years ago and had a BRILLIANT time. I just now noticed that Black Ace puts on this show annualy! Will Ray be attending the 2009 show?

Does Ray travel out of the LA area to do signings any more?

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djmonolith:

As far as Bakersfield and San Diego.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djmonolith:
I went to the Black Ace bookshow 9 years ago and had a BRILLIANT time. I just now noticed that Black Ace puts on this show annualy! Will Ray be attending the 2009 show?

As of now, Mr. B is scheduled to attend the paperback show on March 29th.

Mr. B should be attending his theatre's Fahreneheit 451 performances each Saturday night between now and December 20th, that includes tonight. As a general rule, there is a reception after the performance where Mr. B meets his guests and signs books. Books are even for sale at the theatre on these nights. People are encouraged to bring a book or two of their own; but boxes-o-books are discouraged.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
You still have a few more chances to see the Fahrenheit 451 play at the Fremont Theatre, in South Pasadena, CA. www.plays411.com

Mr. B is scheduled to attend this Friday AND Saturday nights plus the evening of the closing night on the 20th.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
You still have a few more chances to see the Fahrenheit 451 play...

I just may be in the market for two tickets for Saturday night.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
For January and February appearances please see the Pandemonium Press forum.

https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/3261048504

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Book signing for We’ll Always Have Paris

22 ALL NEW STORIES

12 noon ~ Saturday ~ February 28th

Mystery & Imagination
238 N. Brand Blvd. Glendale, CA 818.545.0206

If you are going to attend I suggest you pre-orderd books because the line forms based on when purchases are made.

John King Tarpinian