Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Will Ray be attending the Los Angeles Times Book Festival in April?

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scotty:
Will Ray be attending the Los Angeles Times Book Festival in April?

Affirmative

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
It was nice to meet Mr. and Mrs. Captain Wilder last night.

Wouldn't that be Captain and Mrs Wilder?

Having avoided military service, I bow to your vast knowledge in this area.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Having avoided military service, I bow to your vast knowledge in this area.

...and I bow to Spencer Tracy!

(That's an inside joke)

I wouldn't say "vast". Maybe "avast".

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My military knowledge is "half-vast".

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much. The pleasure was all ours. I cannot say how deeply impressed we both were by the effort you put in making Mr. Bradbury's presentation at Sierra Madre a roaring success!
On behalf of every fan there as well as here, big or small, we salute you, John, ever so grateful.

Posts: 29 | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Wilder:
Thank you so much. The pleasure was all ours. I cannot say how deeply impressed we both were by the effort you put in making Mr. Bradbury's presentation at Sierra Madre a roaring success!
On behalf of every fan there as well as here, big or small, we salute you, John, ever so grateful.

Not to mention your pilgrimage to the Laurel and Hardy piano steps.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Just a remnder that Friday the 13th is the official Book Launch Party for We'll Always Have Paris.
http://www.beverlyhills.org/ca...09&EventDateID=13929

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Mr. B will be spending Valentine's Day with one of his loves, the theatre. He is scheduled to be at the cast party performance of The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit. (sold out) Also scheduled to attend is Stuart Gordon (director of the movie version, Re-Animator and Stuck among others), George Clayton Johnson and possibly a few of the actors who appeared in the film version.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
George Clayton Johnson

Oh, that reminds me - I must call to confirm that I'm still picking him up (I'm taking him by to see the statue first).

Come to think you're also the one who reminded me to invite him. What would I do without you?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The book launch party for We'll Always Have Paris was lovely. I have photos and a link to where Mr. B's vbideo will be posted but may not get to this before Monday. Busy weekend for me...

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Link to a few minutes of the opening of the Sierra Madre event - unfortunately the film had to be interrupted, but I saw a lady with a video camera so it may be uploaded sometime - keep an eye open:

http://www.imeem.com/explorato...madre_saturday_feb_7

Posts: 29 | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. B's talk about his new book "We'll Always Have Paris" was professionally recorded by the Beverly Hills Library on Friday the 13th. It should be posted on YouTube as part of the New Short Fictions Series. Keep an eye out at www.youtube.com/newshortfiction

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I wonder if the Palms-Rancho Park event is still on for 2/21. I cannot find it on their website.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I wonder if the Palms-Rancho Park event is still on for 2/21. I cannot find it on their website.

The 21st is the opening night for The Illustrated Bradbury. There might be the rub.

John King Tarpinian