Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
The 21st is the opening night for The Illustrated Bradbury.

But he is normally very disinclined to cancel a library, I believe.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There might be the rub.

Oh, I thought it was going to be at the library. So it's going to be at a massage joint instead. Good information to know.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe this helps?

http://johnweiskopf.com/ascend...-rancho-park-library

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have three chances to bask in the glow of Mr. B’s presence this weekend. Tonight, Friday, there is the one-man show of 'The Illustrated Bradbury,' in South Pasadena, CA. Tomorrow, at noon, there is the 'We'll Always Have Paris' book signing event at Mystery and Imagination, in Glendale, CA. Then in the evening is the premiere of the play 'Falling Upward,' in North Hollywood, CA. All are within two blocks to six miles of my humble abode. (ducking)

http://www.raybradburysfallingupward.com/
http://www.plays411.com/raybradbury/
http://www.mysteryandimagination.com/

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You have three chances to bask in the glow of Mr. B’s presence this weekend.

Fortunately, I have four, but can only make two. Mr B and Zee were kind enough to invite me over for a goodbye visit on Sunday, but alas, I'm too busy packing.

And only fifty-four miles from my humble abode.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
John, did I miss something? Are you moving? Away from the L.A. area? Just wondering!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
John, did I miss something? Are you moving? Away from the L.A. area? Just wondering!

Doug Spaulding will soon be running the country.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Einar:

Now that everyone has had time to recover from their collective gasps, I do concur what Uncle Einar has said.

I have been summoned to Washington DC by Barack to advise him on the state of the economy. When I get there, I plan to tell him, "terrible!"

I depart the Golden State on March 10th.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding
Forget Washing DC. I hear Michigan is the place to be.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
I hear Michigan is the place to be.

Wrong!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
are you going for a visit or permanently? Tell Barack not to cut Medicare, my mom is 78 and she needs it.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Einar:

Now that everyone has had time to recover from their collective gasps, I do concur what Uncle Einar has said.

I have been summoned to Washington DC by Barack to advise him on the state of the economy. When I get there, I plan to tell him, "terrible!"

I depart the Golden State on March 10th.

*glork*

Is this a Good Thing for you? If so, huzzah! If not, bummer.

What does "The Ballad of Jed Clampett" sound like played backwards?

Posts: 39 | Location: Big Sur, CA | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
[QUOTE]I depart the Golden State on March 10th.
I cannot imagine living in a place where one has to actually pay attention to the weather forecast. It is my understanding that there are places where it rains in July even or you need more than a windbreaker in January to keep warm…

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
are you going for a visit or permanently? Tell Barack not to cut Medicare, my mom is 78 and she needs it.

Permanent job.

OK, I'll tell him.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groovista:
Is this a Good Thing for you? If so, huzzah! If not, bummer. What does "The Ballad of Jed Clampett" sound like played backwards?

No, I'm good with it.

The Satanic Rites of the Clampett Clan?

Glork is a good word.

"Live Forever!"