Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Attached here and the two following posts are photos from today's, Saturday, booksigning at the Barnes and Noble in Santa Monica, CA.

The room seats 100 people and as you can see from the photos there was an overflow crowd.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageBNCrowd.JPG (261 Kb, 22 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Attached here and the two following posts are photos from today's, Saturday, booksigning at the Barnes and Noble in Santa Monica, CA.

The room seats 100 people and as you can see from the photos there was an overflow crowd.

The line after the lecture.

John King Tarpinian

ImageBNLine.JPG (216 Kb, 15 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The line after the lecture.

Ray signing.

John King Tarpinian

ImageBNRay.JPG (265 Kb, 19 downloads)

posted Hide Post
It was a joy to be there on Saturday, as always. The more Ray tells his stories, the deeper the metaphors soak into my flesh. It never loses its wonder.

"Love what you do! Do what you love!"
"You fail only if you stop writing."

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjthefourth:
The more Ray tells his stories, the deeper the metaphors soak into my flesh.

Yeah - he eventually helped to change me too. I'm a different creature today, partly because of his influence. Not mostly, but partly.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ComicCon 2009: For those of you that are attending this year you will have two RB things to interest you this year. Featured will be the movie Chrysalis AND the F451 graphic novel. More specifics and scheduling should be posted on the ComicCon website in a few weeks.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
that sounds really great, thanks for the heads up! I've been looking forward to the F451 graphic novel.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to show my ignorance, but what is a graphic F 451 ?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From today's NY Times:

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
I am sorry to show my ignorance, but what is a graphic F 451 ?

biplane, it's a new comic-book style adaptation of Fahrenheit 451. Read about it here:

http://www.publishersweekly.co...654436.html?nid=2789

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
From today's NY Times:

jkt: philnic beat us to it! He's a few hours ahead of me you know.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
From today's NY Times:

jkt: philnic beat us to it! He's a few hours ahead of me you know.

I picked up a copy at my local Starbucks. Not being a coffe drinker it was my first time in there.

The NYTimes is making a nice blown up presentation copy for the master.

The graphic novel is the first in a new series. I believe the Illustrated Man is next in line...but am not 100% sure.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Reading the NY Times review, I was intrigued by Mr. Bradbury's take on the internet, that it's somewhere there in the air, a sort of invisible nothingness. Yet, it is the way the masses now communicate instantly. Tho Mr. Bradbury's works will be there for generations to come in forms of printed matter, the concept of the internet being some invisible boogey-man is an example of an older generation being overwhelmed by new technology. Maybe someone back there, at the turn of the 19th century, cried out that radio was a tool of the devil's work. How can voices fly miles in the air?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not being a coffee drinker it was my first time in there.

They make a great chai tea latte too!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Not being a coffee drinker it was my first time in there.

They make a great chai tea latte too!

Powder from a can does does not a chai make. Besides, real Himalayan chai uses yak butter and they were fresh out.

John King Tarpinian