Appearances and Book Signings

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/7971067253

13 December 2009, 11:41 AM
jkt
Appearances and Book Signings
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
I don't get it, these Bradbury wisdom writings. Why does Bradbury use Christ's name in vain so frequently thruout, and God's name in something close to curse words and call it part of the context of wisdom? Especially during the Christian Holy Season! What gives? Have we've become that gritty?

Please deal with your confusion in silent prayer or at the least post your grousing in the religious thread so those of us who prefer freedom from religion can ignore your frustations with the modern world.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
13 December 2009, 11:45 AM
libRArY
What an embarassment. You, sir, are showing yourself more than the grinch who stole Christmas.
13 December 2009, 12:20 PM
Ben Eagan
jkt: That wasn't necessary. What are you so angry? I had a question about Bradbury's Christmas play, but you don't sound like the one I would want an answer from.
13 December 2009, 12:23 PM
jkt
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
What an embarassment. You, sir, are showing yourself more than the grinch who stole Christmas.

OK, to make you happy I will stop posting any information here. Satisfied?

John King Tarpinian
13 December 2009, 01:06 PM
Doug Spaulding
I go away to church for a few hours and see what I miss?

Ben: jkt is one of the nicest folks here - a far cry from a grinch!

jkt: No! Don't stop posting information! For the love of (censored)!

Big Grin

"Live Forever!"
13 December 2009, 08:48 PM
fanboy
jkt, no! Please continue to post information on this site! We very much appreciate your particpation on this website, it wouldn't be as good without you.
15 December 2009, 01:00 AM
philnic
Without jkt, this forum would be very short of news on Bradbury's activities. Don't go away, jkt, we need you.

But please, everyone, let's keep on-topic: Look at the title of the thread (Appearances and Book Signings in this instance) and keep our posts relevant to that. If you want to engage in Religious discussion, see out one of the Religion threads. Large Hadron Collider? There's a thread for that, too.

Anyone who feels stifled by this is welcome to start a new thread of their own!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
15 December 2009, 07:11 PM
fanboy
philnic, you are right.
16 December 2009, 05:13 PM
Linnl
jkt,
Fellow bibliophile and book-care-person, your posts are much appreciated. Smiler
19 December 2009, 05:04 PM
fanboy
Good going, Library, you chased jkt off and now we'll never know when Ray is making public appearances, congratulations.
26 December 2009, 08:46 PM
jkt
Go here to see an upcoming appearance:

https://raybradburyboard.com/ev...91083901/m/497107572

As a general rule Ray attends Saturday nights. Because of a special engagement on February 14th he will probably not be attending on Saturday the 13th.

John King Tarpinian
26 December 2009, 09:25 PM
Doug Spaulding
Well, look who the cat dragged in!

"Live Forever!"
28 December 2009, 07:14 PM
fanboy
Thank you, jkt!!!!
01 January 2010, 02:43 PM
jkt
On Thursday, January 21 Ray will be lecturing and signing books at the Venice Library, 401 So.Venice Blvd., Venice 90291. For additional information, contact the Library at 310-821-1769.

Remember, this is library fundraiser so only books purchased at the library may be signed.

While in Venice, CA try to find this door, which is where Ray lived and wrote what book? (see photo attached)

John King Tarpinian
01 January 2010, 04:40 PM
MrE
I wish he'd come to Forilda.