Ray Bradbury Forums
Appearances and Book Signings

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/7971067253

20 October 2009, 09:34 AM
jkt
Appearances and Book Signings
On Sunday, Ray is scheduled to attend his theatrical production of "The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit." Attending with Ray will be his dear friends Donn Albright and Jon Eller. Good time to get some things double or triple signed. Wink

www.plays411.com/raybradbury

(If you do plan to attend be aware that traffic is going to be a nightmare due to a U2 concert at the Rose Bowl.)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
21 October 2009, 02:41 PM
jkt
Here is a Ray related event. This Thursday, October 22nd at 7:00 p.m. Tim Hamilton will be giving a talk and signing at the Santa Barbara Central Library, 40 E. Anapamu Street.

I cannot seem to post a .pdf file so please go to www.sbplibrary.org/sbreads or call 805.564.5604 for more information.

I guess I should add for those of you that have no idea who he is...Tim is the illustrator of the F451 graphic novel.

I've attached the flyer as a .jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

John King Tarpinian
22 October 2009, 10:08 AM
jkt
And another mention in today's Los Angeles Times:

http://www.latimes.com/enterta...ct18,0,7959937.story

John King Tarpinian
24 October 2009, 10:00 AM
jkt
Attached is the artwork that will be unveiled today at 4:00 p.m. at Every Picture Tells A Story. (www.everypicture.com) The print was done by Ray in 1948 and was in the collection of F4E. Every Picture also has limited editions of Ray's two Halloween Tree pictures.

This will be followed by a showing of Something Wicked This Way Comes, at the Aero theatre, which is across the street from the art exhibit.

It is predicted to be a cool 74 degrees Fahrenheit today in Santa Monica so be sure to bring a sweater.

John King Tarpinian
26 October 2009, 04:37 PM
jkt
On Thursday November 5th Ray is scheduled to be in Laguna Beach for the opening night performance of Merry Christmas 2116. This is a MUSICAL folks. Originally written for Elsa Lanchester and Charles Laughton.

For more information:
http://www.gallimaufry.info/nowshowing_bradbury.html

For ticket ordering: https://www.vendini.com/ticket...63d36fe2eea124&t=tix

This play will also be on stage at the Fremont Centre Theatre the first three weeks of December.

John King Tarpinian
27 October 2009, 01:53 PM
philnic
Good grief! Just when I thought I knew about every work Bradbury had ever created, up pops something that had completely passed me by!

The weblink jkt posted gives an explanation of the origin of this musical, and a bizarre history it is.

Thanks, jkt, for bringing this to our attention.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
27 October 2009, 03:26 PM
jkt
What a shame the original James Whale sets could not be found...

John King Tarpinian
27 October 2009, 03:42 PM
Linnl
jkt,

The Gallimaufry link lists "Book & Lyrics by RAY BRADBURY".

Where might that be found?

Thank You, BT
27 October 2009, 03:49 PM
jkt
quote:
Originally posted by Brother Tarkas:
jkt,

The Gallimaufry link lists "Book & Lyrics by RAY BRADBURY".

Where might that be found?

Thank You, BT

Ray's filing cabinet...

To be honest, I won't have the answer for a few weeks and they probably won't be available commercially. (when they say book in the theatre they do not mean a reading book)

John King Tarpinian
28 October 2009, 10:08 AM
jkt
Spend Halloween with Ray. As tradition dictates, Ray will be at So. Cal's oldest and largest independent bookshop at 12 noon for a signing.
http://www.vromansbookstore.com/ray-brabury

John King Tarpinian
04 November 2009, 07:24 PM
jkt
I hope to see a few of your OC members at the premiere of Merry Christmas 2116 Thursday night:

http://www.gallimaufry.info/nowshowing_bradbury.html

John King Tarpinian
04 November 2009, 08:53 PM
libRArY
I will make it there to Laguna Beach for the play, but not tomorrow.

By the way, THE BOOKMAN, in the city of Orange, is now said to be the largest used bookshop in Southern California. Owners David Hess and Paul Bonaventure pack the 8,000 square foot space with nearly all used books, tho some new ones have been trickling in lately.
05 November 2009, 08:44 AM
jkt
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
I will make it there to Laguna Beach for the play, but not tomorrow.

By the way, THE BOOKMAN, in the city of Orange, is now said to be the largest used bookshop in Southern California. Owners David Hess and Paul Bonaventure pack the 8,000 square foot space with nearly all used books, tho some new ones have been trickling in lately.

If you can make it tonight you'll be with Ray. What better incentive is there than that?

John King Tarpinian
05 November 2009, 08:53 AM
jkt
Here is the flyer for the December production of Merry Christmas 2116, in South Pasadena. This production differs from the Laguna production in that on all three Saturday night's Ray will be taking the stage for a talk plus there will be a reception afterwards.

John King Tarpinian
10 November 2009, 09:52 AM
jkt
This coming Saturday is the closing night for The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit. Everybody in attendance is invited to attend the cast party that follows. Of even greater import, Mr. B is scheduled to be in attendance.

www.plays411.com/raybradbury

John King Tarpinian