Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Ray Bradbury Cover Art Print - Dandelion Wine

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ray Bradbury Cover Art Print - Dandelion Wine
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone,
My name is Todd Adams, and I have been publishing art prints, portfolios, and the odd book for a little over 20 years. In all that time it has been a "hobby" rather than a business. The distinction is it's always been something I have enjoyed and found great pleasure in, no matter how much work it has been. The other ingredient is I have always had at least one other job to support myself.
This year I am planning on doing many of the projects I have wanted to do for some time, and look around for others that present themselves. I recently visited E. R. Braithwaite, the author of "To Sir, With Love", and if all goes well I plan of publishing a limited signed edition of the novel with the author, illustrated with several black & white and color plates.
I have also contacted Tomislav Tikulin, the cover artist of the 50th Anniversary Edition of Dandelion Wine, and we have agreed to release a limited Giclee art print of the cover painting. Mr. Bradbury has been kind enough to agree to sign the first 50 in the edition. If anyone is interested this is a link to my web site page - http://www.glimmergraphicsprin...TomislavTikulin.html
The print will be presented in a foil stamped folder, and shipped in a custom shipping carton.
I expect these to start shipping in May of 2010, and advance orders are now being taken.
There are many other pieces on the site for sale as well.
I am also trying to track down the cover artist info for the Dandelion Wine cover of Douglas standing in the field, with the mostly yellow background.
Thanks to all, and I hope to be as active as time allows on this message board.

Posts: 3 | Location: Trenton, New Jersey, USA, Planet Earth | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A question, on the link it states " Deluxe Foil Stamped Presentation Folder · 18 x 12.5 Image 20 x 15 Sheet" Is this correct? Is the presentation folder smaller in hight than the artwork?

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pretender909:
...I am also trying to track down the cover artist info for the Dandelion Wine cover of Douglas standing in the field, with the mostly yellow background...

Hi Todd, and welcome to the board. Is this the cover you had in mind:

I can't help with the identity of the artist, but maybe the image will help someone else come forward with a name.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pretender909:
My name is Todd Adams, and I have been publishing art prints, portfolios, and the odd book for a little over 20 years.

Welcome Todd!

So you're the one who published the odd book! I rather enjoyed it. Big Grin

This won't be of help I fear, but it is a handy reference tool for future.

I'll see if I can't dig anything up - I'm pretty good at skulking.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello!
My name is Dan, and I was wondering if anyone had any luck identifying the cover artist to this bantam paper back??? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I've been searching around the web, and this has been the closest I've come!

Thanks again,

Dan

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Dan and Welcome!

Earlier today I made email contact with Daniel B. Schwartz.

http://danielbschwartz.com/

His artwork reminds me of the same style as the DW book art. He kindly replied, indicating he is not (he has not illustrated any Bradbury) and suggeted it might be by Bernie Fuchs or Robert Heindel, ephasis on might.
I'm curious myself (will continue to search), and hope we all find out.
By the way, are you familiar with Jerry Weist's superlative book BRADBURY-AN ILLUSTRATED LIFE? Find one and enjoy!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very beautiful!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Linnl for the info and the kind welcome! It has really turned into a bit of mystery, hasn't it??? I will definitely look into the book you mentioned, sounds awesome!
Best,
Dan

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post