Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances
 Login/Join

posted
Hey- Didn't there used to be a thread for info about where Ray was going to be visiting? I just heard night before last that he was going to be back here in Bakersfield again on June 1st, at CSUB. (A classmate works on campus, got an e-mail about it.) Anyone know anything more about this? Please let me know-

Posts: 28 | Location: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well i saw in the paper today that he should be at the Dore Theatre this Wednesday night at 7pm. the # there is 654-2456.

and he's at the San Diego Comic Con International this summer as well. i'll always go see him. heck i saw him on C-Span 2 tonight at an LA thing on 4/23. this man is everywhere and rightfully so.

Posts: 6 | Location: northern SoCal. | Registered: 29 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahh, Very Neat.

I made a thread along the same lines, but no one came to visit... Anyway if he is going to Bakersfield on June first I can't attend. I couldn't go to his last one up there either because you need to attend some discussion on his FH451 book to get a ticket to go to the event where he'd actually be.

Also I can't go to the Comic Con because San Diego is too far, and I don't want to pay fifty bucks just to see him (I'm not into comics).

And I don't know where the Dore Theatre is but I bet I couldn't reach that either. It seems like I'll never be able to talk to him, or get him to sign my books. Frowner

Posts: 44 | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well you COULD have gone to his last appearance because the discussion tickets were just for priority seating. they let other people in.

the Dore Theatre is the theatre on the Cal State University Bakersfield campus on Stockdale Hwy. (661) 654-2456. leave a message for that guy Mike.

why can't you go? you should just go. ditch work.

Posts: 6 | Location: northern SoCal. | Registered: 29 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know that you could go to the appearance without the tickets, so I guess I missed out Frowner.

The Dore Theatre bit seems, neat aswell, but I doubt I could make it, and while I'd love to - and probably should - I won't ditch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Alexander,

posted Hide Post
Last time Ray had a cold and he still stayed to sign ever last book for everyone that wanted it.

i'd think he'd be signing this time too, but i don't really know. i don't know about buying tickets. best thing would be to call Cal State Bakersfield (CSUB) on Tues. and see if you have to buy them. i haven't heard anything about it. i'll go on the school site here in a second.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
If only I could get a ride...

posted Hide Post
where are you?

posted Hide Post
It doesn't really matter, because no matter how much I'd love to ditch, and run off to see Bradbury I won't. If it was this Sunday up there I could go, or if it was down by me...but it's not so I'll wait. Maybe some other time, but thanx for the concern. Smiler

posted Hide Post
I've got a question. If he's going to appear up in Bakersfield this weekend, or anywhere else why isn't his Appearance Page updated? I mean the site seems to be lacking when it comes to up-to-date information. Even words from the author section is more than two years old....arghh.

posted Hide Post
Okay, I got something to add. Really an event, I'm just not 100% positive that it's open to the public.

It's on June 19th. You can find out more here

posted Hide Post
The website is never updated; hasn't been for years. They refer people to the message board for news of what's going on! Luckily good folks having information are kind enough to supply it.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great event, and I love the Fest Logo!!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The logo's beautiful--wouldn't it make a great book cover?

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post