Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Well, I'm still not 100% sure it's open to the public so tommorrow I'll call them up and ask. I'll inform you people when I'm sure. Big Grin

Also while I won't be attending there is something up at Palm springs on Friday June 3rd at 4:00 pm. The link is here. I think you need to pay something like $10-$15 to get in though.

And he'll also be at the Santa Barbara Writer's Workshop on June 18th, A saturday, at 8pm. It costs twenty dollars to get in. I got this information from an PDF Document, which is here.

Posts: 44 | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I've been searching the web, and haven't been able to find anything more. I think I'm going to go to the Bradbury Fest bit. I called, and it is open to the public, and Ray will be there although there isn't a set time. Somewhere around noon, and then again in the evening. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll sign my book(s). Atleast that's what I'm counting on.

posted Hide Post
WHOO-HOO!

You're livin' the dream, Bro.

I grew up in Anaheim in the 1970's and never took advantage of the fact that RB made so many appearances in that area. I did however find great satisfaction in knowing we were both breathing the same air, albeit smoggy air.

============================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that old man is my samurai master.

Posts: 6 | Location: northern SoCal. | Registered: 29 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains:

Grew up in Anaheim in the 1970's? Wow!

I used to work in Anaheim in the 70's. Even before they decided to tear down the entire downtown Anaheim and build everything new. Worked off of Vermont and East Street. Between State College and Harbor. Maybe I ran into you in one of those Coco's or Carrows.

I remember Ray coming to speak at some big convention, at the Hilton by Disneyland in Anaheim. He seemed really nervous...and appeared to be unsure about what he was going to say. But when he got up there and spoke before all those business people, he had a strong command of everything he wanted to say, and was one heck of a strong and glowing presence in that auditorium.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray will be the keynote speaker at the Duarte Festival of Authors in Duarte, CA on Saturday, Oct. 1, at 12:30 p.m. The Duarte Festival of Authors, featuring talks and book signings by 50 authors, takes place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Westminster Gardens, 1420 Santo Domingo Ave. Free Admission, Free Parking. For more info, call 626 256-1212.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well thanks Mary,

I'm glad to know that I might be able to attend that as well. And there are fifty other authors as you said, so maybe some of my other favorite authors (let's face it almost everyone I read seems to be a favorite :P) will be there.

I wanted to add that also on October 30th at 7:00pm he'll be at the studio Branch Library, Not positive where that is, but the link is here

posted Hide Post
Okay, Nard. My Step-Dad owned some little hippie shop next door to THE FOX THEATER on Lincoln right there in what once was downtown.

I went to a huge SF convention in 1981 or 82 at a big hotel near the 91 frwy. It was too wierd for me (people dressed like superheroes, Darth Vader, Spock etc.) and I left after about an hour. I know the annual SF-Con where they award the Hugo or Nebula was held down there at around that time and RB was Guest Of Honor. I think it was the event where he was recognized as a Grand Master. Anyway.....if that's the one I freaked out and split early from.....I hate myself.

From 1966-1983 I mainly lived off the corner of Harbor Blvd. and La Palma Ave. four houses away from Horace Mann Elementary School on Pine St. and La Verne. It's just off the 91 frwy/Harbor exit. I lived on Lemon St. in the same area for a while, too.

I spent some time in Stanton and Ontario and I also lived in Santa Ana right behind Santa Ana High School on Walnut St.

I attended Anaheim High School on Lincoln off of Harbor and spent a year at Gilbert Continuation High School near Lincoln and Brookhurst. I moved to Sonoma CA prior to my senior year in September 1983.

==============================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post