Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury's agnostic beliefs

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury's agnostic beliefs
 Login/Join

posted
I am doing a project on Ray Bradbury and I needed to know a little more about his beliefs so I can give a good presentation. I've read the interview where he talks about how he's agnostic, but does anyone know more about his views? Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mikekk67

GoodGrief!
There's been many many many discussions here about Bradbury's beliefs. You'll have to start 'drifting thru' the topic headlines. Go as far back as a year.....
(But discussions go even further back.)

Tho he has said he was raised a Christian, Unitarians consider him one of their own.
(click on, or type into finder): http://www.harvardsquarelibrary.org/unitarians/bradbury.html

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 12-30-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, as Nard said search the archives. "Bradbury's religious views" and "Nazi book burnings" included some very heated debates as I recall. Also try a search on "Pray For Ray Bradbury" Nard offers an interesting website to check out on that one.

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 12-31-2003).]

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was great, Nard! I laughed out loud at many passages, but this one particularly hit home: "So I got on the Greyhound bus, four days, four nights to New York. Have you ever done that on the Greyhound bus? Don't. Don't." I have, as a matter of fact, several times, both ways, and I couldn't have said it better myself. But where is the interview where he talks about being agnostic? I saw nothing regarding religious beliefs in this speech.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Oh yeah, Bradbury's interview is on this website under "About Ray Bradbury". It's near the end.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post