Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    ANNUAL RONDO AWARDS

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ANNUAL RONDO AWARDS
 Login/Join

posted
The prestigious annual Rondo Awards nominations for this year have been announced at The Classic Horror Film Board, and voting will continue through April 3rd, 2010. My own essay in tribute to my forty five year friendship with Forrest J. Ackerman ("The Most Famous Monster Of Them All") has received a coveted nomination for Best Article Of The Year.

http://thethunderchild.com/Mov...AckermanTribute.html

Should you wish to vote for any of the many categories and nominations, voting guidelines and a complete list of this year's nominations can be found at www.classichorrorfilmboard.com, while individual votes may be cast by contacting taraco@aol.com and leaving both your name and your selection.

Best Wishes,

Steve Vertlieb

Posts: 47 | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Steve!

And the sad thing is that our own Terry Pace's Twilight Zone play with George is nominated in the same category as Uncle 4E's memorial!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As Doris Date famously remarked..."Que Sera Sera...Whatever will be will be." Still, as I face major heart surgery in a little more than a week from now, a win for this award after some forty years of published writing would be a joyful event, indeed...at least in my neck of the woods.

Steve

posted Hide Post
Sorry, make that Doris Day. I guess I'm getting punchy at the computer key board.

posted Hide Post
Had some wonderfully uplifing news this morning above the looming shadows of my impending heart surgery on Monday. The new regime of publishers and editors at the recently reinvented Famous Monsters Of Filmland.Com has graciously asked my permission to re-print my Rondo Award nominated article concerning my forty five year friendship with Forrest J Ackerman, "The Most Famous Monster Of Them All," at their web site. Their joyous showcasing of my affectionate remembrance of Forry, among this year's nominees for "Best Article Of The Year," can be found by clicking onto the "monstrous" link unearthed below...

http://www.famousmonstersoffil...monster-of-them-all/

Steve Vertlieb

posted Hide Post
That's the trouble, there are a lot of friends nominated in the same category for me, so I had to make some choices, wish I didn't have to, though.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you face such a moral dilemma with the Rondos, you can always do as I do:

Vote for one, then list any others you like or feel are deserving as alternate choices, in order of preference. That could make a big difference in the "runners-up" and "honorable mentions."

Best of luck, Steve -- wonderful work and a well-deserved nomination, my friend!

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just joined this list. Hope all goes well for you, Steve. And "break a leg" as they say in the theater on those wards. Oops. Others are here who were also nominated. May the best stuff win.

Gloria

Posts: 14 | Location: Arizona  | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone. I had double bypass surgery and a heart valve replacement on March 8th. On March 9th my heart went in Atrial Fibrilation, and they had to apply the electic paddles to get it back into the right rhythm. I returned home on March 17th, but had another rapidly beating heart beat. For the next four days I found it impossible to sleep. Whenever I lay my head on the pillow, my airwaves were cut off and I couldn't breathe. Over the next four days I must have gotten a total of six or seven hours sleep in total. On the following Sunday I went to the emergency room at a second hospital, and was admitted with my heart once more in Atrial Fibrilation, a blood clot in my leg, and my lungs filling up with fluid. I've been home now for a week, and I'm feeling substantially better. If my heart is beating somewhat faster now, it's because the close of Rondo Award voting occurs tomorrow night at midnight, with the winers to be anounced on Sunday, April 4th. I'm praying for a win. I'd give almost anything to win the award this year. There's still time to vote if anyone here would like to do so. Just send your vote, along with your full name, to taraco@aol.com and choose your selection. Winning a Rondo this year would go a long way toward gladdening my own heart, and brightening the coming months. That's for sure. Happy Easter.

Love and Peace,

Steve

posted Hide Post
Steve, sorry to hear of your trauma, but good luck with the awards!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post