Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Martian Chronicles, read by Leonard Nimoy

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Martian Chronicles, read by Leonard Nimoy
 Login/Join

posted
As a child, I loved the audio-book cassette with Leonard Nimoy reading an abridged version of The Martian Chronicles.

After looking for decades, it seems this recording has been abandoned and lost. It's really a shame you cannot purchase this digitally.

If anyone can get a copy of this, I would greatly appreciate it. I can be contacted at: teknohe@gmail.com

Posts: 2 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently not available on CD or for download, but very much available on tape and LP via ebay: click here!

ALternatively, you can turn to our friend Zombie Astronaut, who has blogged exactly what you are looking for here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This made my day! I've been looking for this ever since my copy of the tape dissapeared in a move.

If this was re-released on CD in a remastered format, I would certainly purchase it a second time.

Thank-you very much for the links, I'll be making sure I don't misplace this again.

Posts: 2 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My girlfriend just found for me an old but in prime condition set of tapes, abridged versions of Martian Chronicles and Illusrated Man read by Ray himself. I only wish they weren't abridged, but still very cool to hear Ray reading it, hearing his pronunciations of Martian names, emphasis and phrasing, and of course his enthusiasm. Very cool.

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
groon, there is an UNabridged reading of Martian Chronicles read by Ray himself, in which he also gives little between-chapters explanations of where some of his ideas come from. And the Illustrated Man tape you have is almost certainly the one that is abridged from a longer tape set called "The Fantastic Tales of Ray Bradbury", which again includes reminiscences and explanations.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post