Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Who are YOU?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are YOU?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
At the conclusion of the final episode of X-files there was an interview with Chris Carter, here in my town atleast, and he said there were plans to continue the show on the Big Screen. He said any forthcoming movie would be more in the good old-fashioned thriller mode rather than the alien conspiracy vein.

Still waiting....

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spassed and typed in Robot Dog instead of Mechanical Hound. Same idea, though. I've been a Bradbury fan for 30-odd years (since Junior High School) but started rereading his stuff only in the last five years.
By the way, forget the Monkees. Michael Nesmith's solo stuff is just great. He's sort of like a Jimmy Buffet with a Texas sensibility.

Posts: 14 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 20 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Groon said to post here, so here I am.
My name is Clay, and I'm in San Antonio, Texas.
Tilt Boss is my login for most things internet. I used to manage Tilt video arcades, and I kept the name after they fired me, kinda in revenge.
Sorry, no nostalgic RB reference here.

Posts: 17 | Location: San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: 05 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
Well, I never said that wasn't in the back of my mind . . . Maybe the icebox woman, the spider woman . . .

Although this would be problematic given my relationship with spiders. I fear the touch of their web, and spent six days in a hospital with a blood clot and then seven months on blood thinners as a result of a spider bite. Then, about two months after getting off the blood thinners, I was bit again by a spider and but immediately on steroids and anti-biotics.

So, maybe the spiderlady would be troubling.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 09-30-2003).]

Damn!

Posts: 16 | Location: Lancaster, CA, USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mine is from the Ray Bradbury short story tete a tete... you can read it in the book ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD.... its about a jewish couple that argue on the same bench for years and then ..i wont tell you the end muahah

Posts: 6 | Location: fairfax, VA ,USA | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi, Im Ettil, the paranoid Martian from "The Cement Mixer" probably the funniest story in "Illustrated Man". you guys remember him? refused to go to war against Earth?

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just pulling this one out again. There's a lot of new faces, or names in fact; just wanted to extend a welcome and invite everyone to get to know. Tell us a little about yourself, especially about your screen name here on this site. What is your screen name? Why did you pick it? Does it mean anything? Is it derived from a character/story/etc?

[This message has been edited by groon (edited 06-16-2004).]

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See above post.

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groon:
I thought it would be cool if we could all take a few minutes to introduce ourselves and get to know each other. Maybe say a few words about who we are and perhaps shed some light on those mysterious screen names. Since we've been talking on these boards, why not make a formal introduction.

I'm Steve Miller... because I'm Steve Miller.

Steve Miller

Posts: 13 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outdamnedspot is, obviously, from MACBETH, my favorite of Shakespeare's plays. Although Lady Macbeth eventually gives in to her conscience, she starts out as one of the strongest and most manipulative women in literature. As Shakespeare did not get this characterization of Macbeth's wife from Hollinshed's Chronicles, I'm wondering if he had Queen Elizabeth in mind while developing Lady Macbeth. (subconsciously, of course!)

Posts: 7 | Location: Chattanooga, TN USA | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, my screen name has absolutely nothing to do with Mr. Bradbury or anything he ever wrote (at least, to my knowledge!) It's a shortened form of my IRC nick (I'm sooo unimaginative when it comes to nicks!!!), which is Korbelle. That comes from my alcoholic beverage of choice - Korbel brandy! I'm a 43 yo female who's just counting down the years until I can retire!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
because i'm SooperGooman!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, thanks again. Keep 'em coming!

posted Hide Post
I s'pose I should post here, since I've been asked cordially to do so.

"Inkling" has nothing to do with Mr. Bradbury or any of his stories. It is, of course, an homage to the group of literary colleagues in and around Oxford University of which C.S. Lewis and J.R. Tolkien were members.

Posts: 27 | Location: Springfield, Missouri, USA | Registered: 12 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
My spouse is REALLY jealous/insecure so for integrity's sake my sexual identity must remain ambiguous. I guess I could have used the names Terry or Robin, but I like grasstains. It's from Dandelion Wine.

You're a male. If your relationship is hetero. Only a woman would ever worry about their signifigent other that way.

Posts: 106 | Location: El Paso, TX. USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post