Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    'The 13th Day Of Christmas'

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'The 13th Day Of Christmas'
 Login/Join

posted
Esquire magazine quote from 2004: 'There have been no really good books about actually GOING to Mars for a long time.'

I know this is not really objective, but I beg to differ. I have just completed my newest novel, 'The 13th Day Of Christmas.'

It's the story of a new President with vision, a President who decides that sending a manned mission to the Red Planet will boost America's image and create a new interest in the sciences.

The problem: NASA only has 42 months before Mars and Earth make their closest approach in a decade. Time is short. They take some calculated risks. There is even conflict among the crew.

It is a story of high adventure and the limits of human endurance.

It is due to be published in October. Until then, you can view a slideshow and read an excerpt at

Adventure Books
on the Coming Soon page!

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greatest congratulations, but...

how was whoever was quoted last year supposed to have known about your book which will not be published till later this year?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to read your post twice.
I took inspiration to write the book from the Esquire article. It was a challenge, that's all.

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post