Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Old Message Board!!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Old Message Board!!!
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone noticed that there is a new part at the bottom of the screen of the 'new' message board? It says that the content of the 'old' board is 'coming soon'! It also says the old board closed down in October 2006.

Looks like it's official, then!

I just hope they manage to preserve all the content of the old board, and keep it accessible/searchable.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Including grasstains I hope. I love reading her posts.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope you all kissed that old board goodbye!

Because it's officially gone.

After much ado, Harper-Collins finally got the drift about the problems of spammers with the old board. There was nothing much they could do expect to close the board down. The alternative was to block all new posters, and that wasn't a solution. So as of now, the plan is to bring in ALL the postings from the old Ray Bradbury board and install them in this new board.

Stay Tuned!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done!
How is it that this board is spam-free, by the way?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
B-Two, I bet this new fangled board has a built in scum filter much as your kitchen drain filter. (For some bizarrio reason, I just thought of the red headed woman on those t.v. ads for the "quicker picker upper", what was her name....) Anywho, I bet Nard & Dandy are releived now, thank you both for your diligence over yonder! Now, if we can only exhort Grassy to come join the party, or should I say, The Homecoming. Teehee

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't it Nancy Walker? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0908055/

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made it, but it was painful. I feel like Neo must have felt after being unplugged in THE MATRIX.
================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grassy!
As Phil Silvers used to say, "Glad to see ya!"

posted Hide Post
Just got back from a Halloween campout with a bunch of the scout families. As we walked around trick-or-treating we saw many wonderfully carved jack-o-lanterns. Many of the campsites went all out for scares including a plethora of soundtracks like Halloween and The Excorsist themes. I noticed three seperate well done Oz themed sites. It was perfect including the blue bottle someone stuck in a campfire that I pulled out still warm the following morning at the bottom of the ash pile. It was wickedly distorted. I'm going to hang it in my office window so that the sun will shine through blue. Dandelion, while I was camping(sort of, we had a cabin), I thought of her name. Rosie in the ad, Nancy in real life. She was a great character actor. Grasstains made it, Grasstains made it!!! Welcome to the party!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grassy,
Ditto to what Braling II said.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post