Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alexandria:
you guys really need to listen to more popular music like nickelback or 3 doorsdown.

<<shaking head at alexandria>>

Welcome!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alexandria:
you guys really need to listen to more popular music like nickelback or 3 doorsdown.

Who can say what someone else needs?

If you can be in Santa Cruz, CA tonight at 8 pm or tomorrow at 4 pm, come to the 27th annual Christmas Concert at Holy Cross church!
We pack the house every performance and lots of folks tell us that's what they need.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Who can say what someone else needs?

Ernest Truex can.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an old record player that is currently playing The Ink Spots.

Why? Because back before we could flick a button and our favorite song would appear in clear quality, we had record players with giant, round, coal-colored records that contained hard, scratchy, but beautiful, music.

"I Don't Want To Set The World On Fireeeeee..."

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Rocket! Are you out here?

Experience this...!
http://www.usatoday.com/life/m...um11_ST_N.htm?csp=34

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ummagumma Floyd

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Pictures at an Exhibition by Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two upcoming not-to be-missed concerts:
Bach's B Minor Mass
http://www.ensemblemonterey.org/
Carl Orff's Carmina Burana
http://www.santacruzsymphony.org/concerts.htm

I'm rehearsing like mad for the latter...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beach Boys, Surfin USA on vinyl. Anybody buy the Brian Wilson Gershwin album that came out today?

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greenray:
Beach Boys, Surfin USA on vinyl. Anybody buy the Brian Wilson Gershwin album that came out today?

I ordered mine a month ago on Amazon and am waiting for it to arrive.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greenray:

Buy the new album from the greatest songwriter in history? Yes.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post

Posts: 1 | Registered: 18 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why yes, yes we have! I think it's wonderful!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Keaggy, or, the greatest guitar player in the world.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I almost forgot: "Play Ball!"

"Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack,
I don't care if I never get back,
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game."

Wink

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post