Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"The Pajama Game", original Broadway cast.

Yusef Lateef, Live at Pep's

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Last Waltz - The Band. I an itchin' to get the 4 disc set I have watched the movie now five times, just great music if you like country and rock n roll.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the moment, I'm listening to Deep Dead Blue by Anuna, an Irish choral group. I almost always am listening to Anuna while I'm on the computer, come to think of it! I do find it difficult to read or write while listening to music with lyrics, but since much of their work is in Gaelic or Latin, it just registers as background music to me---I don't process the words...

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have been having a great time here! I just discovered this thread. The current band names are hilarious. My kids go see The Angry Bananas and The Sticky Bandits and Fatter Than Albert. I'm a little concerned about the disturbed tropical fruit.

If you ever find the New Leviathan Oriental Foxtrot Orchestra, give 'em a whirl. They play mostly oriental foxtrots. There was a lot of nonsense music back then, too. (20's, I think)

Priory

Posts: 27 | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the most treasured 78s in my small collection is "I'm Looking Over A 4 Leaf Clover", the B side of which is "The Thousand Islands Song"; both novelty tunes by Arthur Godfrey and the Too Fat Trio!
And then there's Spike Jones...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask, love The Last Waltz, movie and album, and The Band!

>George Carlin, Indecent Exposure

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stopped and got more buck-a-disc classics, all in great shape, Rocky!

Tonight: Bing Crosby, Johnny Horton, Nat King Cole, Highwaymen, Peter Tomelty (Irish Folk), and Great Moments from Radio ~ many famous voices through the decades.

We continue to enjoy flipping those discs while reading or simply hanging out as a family.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is way cool fjp! It's pleasantly addictive! I got a passle of l.p.s this week after I culled clearance and our regular stock. Right now I'm listening to Herbie Mann, Push Push. Never heard him and it is excellent! I am very excited at the store I work at because a.) I am in charge of the albums for the most part, and b.) we are going to re-initiate Friday night l.p. night at our store. They used to play old l.p.s on a turntable and have special discounts and where people can request songs and stuff. I've been authorized to find and buy a new turntable for the store. Should be a blast! Glad your having fun with it, I'm with ya on this!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
The Last Waltz - The Band. I an itchin' to get the 4 disc set I have watched the movie now five times, just great music if you like country and rock n roll.

The Last Waltz is my favourite Scorcese picture, and the greatest concert film ever made.

Not a bad back-up band that night, by the way.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocker! Opalescence, Evolution of Mann, Super Mann, Memphis Two Step. Got'em!!

An extremeley prolific jazz flutist.
http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/mann_herbie/albums.jhtml

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Mann's biggest hit was "Memphis Underground". I used to hear it a lot after it came out anyway...

posted Hide Post
Pink Floyd-Wish You Were Here

"Shine on you crazy diamond...."

(taken out of the trash two days ago and left in a box in my sizzling car, amazingly no damage to any.)

posted Hide Post
Robert Johnson King of the Delta Blues Singers

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hot tamales!

posted Hide Post
Alice Cooper, Welcome To My Nightmare.

(This is so great when Vincent Price, in a cameo, starts talking about arachnids and the black widow ruling the world because man has ruled it as a stumbling demented child king long enough.)