Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Keith Green The Ministry Years.

I've been listening to this guy for twenty years. An outstanding pianist!

Love one another.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and for good measure.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been a dj for years and mostly spin ambient chill-out music. So many songs remind me of Ray Bradbury... and his influence on my mixes is quite monumental.

A number of years ago I presented Ray with a dj mix tape that I had made in his honor. I have since digitized this mix and am listening to it now.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
djm: Can you share some especially noteworthy artists and titles with us here? I am sure many are late night readers and would enjoy your offerings.

By your posts, it is obvious you are a biblio... & audiophile!

(July '04! Why you're an "Old Boarder!!!")

Early this morning, before sunrise - James Galway.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool video of one of Daniel Amos's best songs - a song of nostalgia, but so much more.

DA is such an awesome band!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I worry the message in this moving song is being lost to a generation and culture that seems too unfocused to realize the greatness of Our Land. More stations, gltiz, glamour, ear plugs, me...me...me..."Denhams." I hope I am very wrong.

Mr. Bradbury has been warning us of this throughout his writing career: "It was a pleasure to burn." Firemen never put out fires!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
I worry the message in this moving song is being lost to a generation and culture that seems too unfocused to realize the greatness of Our Land.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

This is a very moving song, indeed.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Rudy Vallee - The Album of My Dreams

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Showtunes.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald, Gordon Lightfoot

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Christmas Island by Leon Redbone

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some music by Leon, but anytime I hear his name this song ALWAYS comes to mind:

R-E-L-A-X. . . . ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOWN9Fq2qac

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
djm: Can you share some especially noteworthy artists and titles with us here? I am sure many are late night readers and would enjoy your offerings.

By your posts, it is obvious you are a biblio... & audiophile!

(July '04! Why you're an "Old Boarder!!!")

Early this morning, before sunrise - James Galway.

Hello! Yes, of course I would be happy to share. I have also archived some of the old mix tapes, including the live mix I made for Mr. Bradbury here:

http://www.monolithlabs.com/mixes/mixtapes/mixtapes.htm

(Click Beautiful Things)

Please keep in mind, if you choose to listen, that these are old archived mixes... all live and digitized from tape. The sound quality isn't that great.

There are a few more live digital mixes here, if you are interested:

http://www.monolithlabs.com/mixes/

As for particular deep space, chill-out music - I will compile a small list.

Yes, I have been a part of the boards for a few years. Bradbury has been a part of my life for many many years and I can safely say that who I am is in no small part due to the writings and mind of Mr. Bradbury.

Thanks for the note. I hope you enjoy Beautiful Things.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RT.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Don't see the attraction, myself.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post