Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
A little Nina.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard Thompson.

He's so good he can even make Britney songs sound good!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At this very moment, I'm listening to "The Planets" by Holst. Ah, I love this music! And it seems appropriate listening, while taking a quick look at the Bradbury board...

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I vow to Thee, my country..."

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miles Davis - In Person Friday and Saturday Nights at the Blackhawk, Complete

Posts: 7 | Location: Skien, Norway | Registered: 07 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have You Seen the Stars Tonite? ~ With thoughts to Mr. B's newly released poems.

Have a listen...hauntingly Bradburian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KssHzxTrW04

Have you seen the stars tonight?
Would you like to go up on A-deck and look at them with me?
Would you like to go up for a stroll and keep me company?

Did you know
We could go
We are free
Any place
You can think of
We can be

Have you looked at all the family of stars?

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sun-Ra

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
East LA - War

Aesthetically beautiful song from The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
A friend of mine who also adores Ray's work got his hot little hands on a copy of that play. I was quite jealous!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A most unlikely duo.

This is terrific!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Not on the turntable, but live! (I'm never quite sure where I should post these) the 26th annual Music For the feast Of Christmas!

http://www.feastofchristmas.com/

(I have a solo on Sunday!)

(Can you spot Braling II in the photo? Hint: I'm wearing a tux.)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Not on the turntable, but live! (I'm never quite sure where I should post these) the 26th annual Music For the feast Of Christmas!

I think all things music can go here - after all, turntable could be a metaphor for music.

quote:
Can you spot Braling II in the photo? Hint: I'm wearing a tux.

Now if you'll just be a little more specific (or provide a clue like in your "guess the story game"), I'll believe I'll have you figured out!

I have the gender part narrowed down, anyway.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
At the moment I'm listening to Loreena McKennitt's Christmas CD, "To Drive the Cold Winter Away." Very haunting, to be sure; I love this music (Celtic and middle-eastern inspired); just beautiful.

This is one of my favourite tracks; no orchestration at all on this one, other than the mournful tolling of bells:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_wbRYUEQjw

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theoctobercountry:
At the moment I'm listening to Loreena McKennitt's Christmas CD, "To Drive the Cold Winter Away."

Ooh! ooh! - I have that album. And several of hers. Her music is otherworldly beautiful.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
And I only just found out that Loreena has released another Christmas/Winter CD this year, titled "A Midwinter Night's Dream." I'm certainly going to have to get a copy...