Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Herm!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obviously I've been listening to a lot of Michael Jackson, with the inevitable side effect of Osmonds. Latest great listen is Let Freedom Sing!, the Time/Life musical history of the Civil Rights movement.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue Oyster Cult, Godzilla

I got some new tattoos recently. I already had three older ones and I got five more in the last six months. I am designing my ninth one, it is to be 451 in black triangular block numerals on my left hand with flames crawling up my arm. =) note; my knuckles say rock and roll, B.O.C. logo on my right hand, Pink Floyd hammers on left forearm, Dead Kennedy's on my right. Also of note is my Somnething Wicked poster visible in background. I will post that when I get it finished.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Imagetatt2.jpg (64 Kb, 8 downloads)

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Rock, the Bouchard boys were from my hometown!
Ever hear of Ed Wool or Ronnie Dio? These guys played all the clubs along the river for many summers before making it to the big stage. Great R&R music.

(I was also able to brag that my "Green"town gave birth to the original Woolworth's 5&10c store.)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's awesome fjp! On all accounts. =)

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also of note is my Somnething Wicked poster visible in background

Hey, Rocky, better watch the spelling on those tats!
They're fairly permanent, you know.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Double LP Vinyl by Elton John. Picked this one up yesterday at a garage sale, for the bargain price of 50 cents, while on my daily walk. Seems to be more and more garage sales these days.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing like a good Halloween tune: Monster Mash by Bobby Pickett courtesy of Sara Karloff.

http://www.karloff.com/GS.html

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rolling Stone Magazine was first published on this date in 1967.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_Stone

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA0zR8si4TY

Oh, yes! When popular music was music and lyrics made sense!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always like to put on my favorite Thanksgiving song: Alice's Restaurant by Arlo Guthrie.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Thirty years ago today, Pink Floyd's The Wall was released.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Thanks, John, that's made me feel really old: it seems like only yesterday!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you guys really need to listen to more popular music like nickelback or 3 doorsdown.

Posts: 1 | Location: CAT.IS@live.com | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Why not listen today?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post