Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I'm good.

And still humbly claim, "I don't know anything."

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't know anything right along side you!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you know you don't know?

Rockster,
As musical recommendations pop into my head, shall I post them?

Mile Davis "Kind Of Blue" classic jazz LP.

Edvard Grieg! (most famous for Peer Gynt)

Debussy, Ravel, (some other Romantics)
Stravinsky "Le Sacre Du Printemps"...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
How do you know you don't know?

I don't know!

quote:
Mile Davis "Kind Of Blue"

Mile Davis? Wasn't that Miles' lesser-known, underachieving brother?

quote:
...Grieg, Debussy, Ravel, Stravinsky...

Wonderful all - great taste Mr Braling!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Move over fellas, I'm going straight for the throat with this one--Louie Prima. He was King Louie in the original Disney cartoon THE JUNGLE BOOK and the musical number "I Wanna Be Like You." was based upon his famous stage act. Here's a cool link.
http://www.danacountryman.com/Prima/prima.html

================================================

"I don't know anything."

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always for some reason thought it was Louise Armstrong, hm.

I'm listening to Tommy by The Who before work. I love Ann-Margret.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
Move over fellas, I'm going straight for the throat with this one--Louie Prima.

Ooooh! The jugular! Prima was Primo!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
I always for some reason thought it was Louise Armstrong...

Louise Armstrong? Wasn't that Louie's less-known, underachieving sister?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
ROFL! Sorry, I meant to say, "I always thought that was Louise Jefferson".

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
I meant to say, "I always thought that was Louise Jefferson".

Weezy! Well, alright then!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
Move over fellas, I'm going straight for the throat with this one--Louie Prima. He was King Louie in the original Disney cartoon THE JUNGLE BOOK and the musical number "I Wanna Be Like You." was based upon his famous stage act.

Probably the single most objectionable scene to my mom in any movie--which is why I never got to see the thing till it came out on video! Now we know who to blame!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Listening to some ancient Joan Baez simply entitled Vol.2. Just her guitar and that amazing voice belting out folk music. Each one a different story of pure Americana, most of them make my life seem like easy street. Talk about the hardships of our forefathers and mothers.

By the way, I can write and even work on business while listening to the radio or music of my choice. I used to read sci-fi to a band called Tangerine Dream, it seemed to go hand in hand.

posted Hide Post
Mood music like celtic or gregorian chant type stuff is the only thing I can read to. I just don't get the full impact of the reading when I'm distracted by the music I really like to get into. When I'm grooving I'm grooving.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

posted Hide Post
Sinatra in the morning...

posted Hide Post
I'll kickstart my day with coffee and ska, end it with Niel Diamond, Pink Floyd, the chanting or some other mellow stuff.

"I don't know anything."