Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
That is so cool fjp! What a bulk find plus in great shape. It's hard to describe the warm nostalgic feeling playing albums in the twenty-first century. Its tantamount to living far in the future and being the leader of an archeology expedition and finding this strange bulky device with the large black discs and somehow figuring it all out until it culminates on that fateful day when music from another time and world erupts out of the speakers. Okay, maybe I went a little too far, but I love it! Someone recently told me that albums really do have a richer sound because of the way the tracks were layed down back then. Either way, I'm hooked once again. Not to brag or lament (depending on your view) but around 1980, every day after I got home from school the first thing I would do was go to my bedroom (which was decked out to the nines in psychedelia including strobes, blacklights, candles, incense, tapestries, posters, lava lamp, etc., etc.) and indulge secretly at my open window rain or shine, then I would put headphones on and listen to Hendrix, Floyd, Stones, or many others I had collected back then, next I would turn my t.v. on and watch cartoons while my brain sizzled to the music. Silly me, I could have been a bookseller by now instead of this drudgery of a surgeon gig I got that's a one way ticket to palookaville! Keep on rockin in the free world my friend!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sister brought over Bruce Springsteen, "The Seeger Sessions." I loved it so much I think I know what they're getting me for my birthday!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THE SLITS!

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II, I also had the opportunity to see George Shearing. He came to our little town of Willmar, Minnesota with his orchestra and the performance was excellent.

And Mel Torme was excellent as well. Did you know he was a pilot. He loved flying and owned several airplanes.

And Wild Gravity you haven't called me yet.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today - Chick Corea, Alabama, Elizabeth Trapp, Kitaro, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Pink Floyd..."eclectic" is a good word!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Prine Bruised Orange

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pink Floyd, meet Alabama. Alabama, meet Pink Floyd.

I'm in the Twilight Zone!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, no, no..... Southern Rock? Bleh!!! Spit, spat, choke. Run, Doug, run! Don't worry about me, save yourself! I'll catchup later.
[Armed with a pencil-tie, spiked hair, a skateboard, and a pair of Chucks (Taylors, not Nums) Grasstains holds back the advancing army of rednecks.]

================================================

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grasstains,

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And
on
the
ViDEO/MUSiC turntable:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CHuG72V1oU0

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They've seized Roger Waters!!! I've failed... They have him blowing on a jug now, and they're telling David Gilmore to stop hitting himself as they're forcing a steel guitar onto his lap. Oh, the horror.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Peter Townsend is somehow involved......or maybe it was a jealous Geldoff!

~>The Clash, Combat Rock!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Dandy,
Make sure you get the "American Land" version of Springsteen's Seeger Sessions CD. It includes additional songs and a bonus DVD. Additionally, on Tuesday, June 5, 2007, a 2CD set titled "Live In Dublin" will be released. This new CD includes live performances of the Seeger Sessions songs. A CD/DVD or stand alone DVD set is also available.

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Nard. That Bradbury video intro is great. Forgot how neat it looked.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spacegrass from the Clutch EP, somehow I feel it fits in with the Bradbury spirit.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought The Police's second album, REGGATTA DE BLANC for $3.00 at a GOODWILL THRIFTSTORE. It's a great album, a lot more punked-out than their other stuff, with the most recognizable songs being "Message In A Bottle and "Walking On The Moon". It's the other songs on the album, which I'd never heard before, that make the record such a pleasant treat. It's not just a record with two good songs and a bunch of B-side songs. "On Any Other Day" stands out.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"