Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Listening to Into The Wild soundtrack by Eddie Vedder. Even if you're not a Pearl Jam fan, this is a great listen if you're in a reflective mood.

Great soundtracks can make or break the movie for me. The sad story of Chris McCandless is eerily captured by Vedder in a folksy style, far from the grunge rock he is known for.

Posts: 49 | Location: Where the Streets Have No Name | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha ha!"
On vinyl!
It was in the Top 40 in the '60's and goes like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
"They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha ha!"

I'm sorry to hear that, BII. Oh, I see, that's what you're listening to.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BII ~ I remember this one!
I brings to mind intensely, "The Yellow Wallpaper" and slightly, "The Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl."

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Constance Demby's Novus Magnificat.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scoop by Pete Townshend, and yes it is on vinyl.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SMILE. Since I'm going to see Brian and his old band tonight at the Hollywood Bowl, why not? This is my favorite of all the wonderful songs he wrote. His masterpiece.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if "his old band" will be as good as the Wondermints...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I wonder if "his old band" will be as good as the Wondermints...

Vocally, Brian says no, and I have to agree with him.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Webb.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Nice, Butch!
Haven't visited here for a while. I've been involved with lots of musical adventures myself...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not really an answerable question as I don't go online and play music at the same time, but when my friend is here helping with yard work I have been doing a Suzanne Crough memorial concert. I am rediscovering The Partridge Family and he is discovering them. They really did some wonderful tunes remarkably well!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ry Cooder (Into the Purple Valley, Chicken Skin Music)
David Gilmour (Rattle That Lock)
Waylon Jennings (The Ultimate Waylon Jennings)
John Prine (John Prine, Best of John Prine)
Elizabeth Von Trapp (Poetic License)