Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Dubya.

Gone, but hardly forgotten.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clever.

But, Rocket began this thread after he acquired an actual turntable and began playing actual long-playing records.

I have a turntable, but it's not working (no amp), so have made few contributions to this thread.
I got rid of many of my LPs long ago, so now I have maybe 5 or 6 hundred left, mostly rare.
So, if and when I do get these playing, look out!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Rocket began this thread after he acquired an actual turntable and began playing actual long-playing records.

True enough, but it has evolved into "what kind of music are you listening too?" because it makes little sense to began another thread for that.

quote:
I have a turntable...

By coincidence, I am also one of the minority who owns such a device.

quote:
I got rid of many of my LPs long ago, so now I have maybe 5 or 6 hundred left, mostly rare.

Very droll. But impressive - I only have about three hundred myself.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatsa matter with yah guys!

Don't you know how to play a regular ol' record player turntable via the internet?

simple:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXes2-s2KpQ

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Don't you know how to play a regular ol' record player turntable via the internet?

Sure! I played Beautiful Ohio for Ray on my iPhone's YouTube over lunch recently and he wept (I didn't think it was that bad).

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Whatsa matter with yah guys!

This is the version of "Mule Train" I grew up listening to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQdrIvxVXQo

(I still have the 78!)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had to prioritize what goes on the turntable while transferring my CD collection to iPod. Joan Baez won out as first priority.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw her live in the '70s.
She will be performing in Monterey, Feb 16!
Come on down!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't see the attraction, myself.

Don't see the attraction!? To each his own preference, I guess, but you've got to admit, he's a phenomenal guitarist.

Classic.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw her live in the '70s.
She will be performing in Monterey, Feb 16!
Come on down!

I wish! Thanks for the invite. I saw her twice in the late 1980s, in Walla Walla and Spokane, Washington. I tried to speak to her after the concert, and she looked at me but another lady answered for her. I assume this was to conserve Joan's voice.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Electric Arguments, by The Fireman. Been listening to that all year.

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Streets A Grand Don't Come For Free

Saddest song I've ever heard. Incredibly vivid.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Anyone put on some Buddy Holly?

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing but Raising Sand. I just emailed my friend T Bone Burnett with my congratulations.

"Live Forever!"