Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
bob dylan-highway 61 revisited

Rocky! Where've you been? Great to see (?) you on the board again!

I've been on a musical kick lately; "The Roar Of The Greasepaint...", "The Pajama Game", and "The Mikado" (besides playing jazz myself a few nights a week). I grew up listening to Gilbert & Sullivan and I just love their stuff.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thats a pretty eclectic show doug, looks really grand although not a big fan of his mustache, its a little too ceasar romaro-ish for my taste but then again, its different and that is why i have always loved his music and risk taking without a net.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fats Waller This Joint is Jumpin'

And just for good measure!

One never knows, do one?

Wot's da matta wit DAT?!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug! There's hope for you yet!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a hopeful person!

But tomorrow I'll probably just post another Spong Q&A and cause myself a demerit.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Musical genius at work.

Ninety-four and still plays every Monday night at the club.

Enjoy!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Funny.

Enjoy!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Facing Future Bruddah Iz

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Modern Times Bob Dylan.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hendrix, album: All Along the Watchtower. (J.H. did a few great covers of B. Dylan songs)

All Along The Watchtower
Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan

"There must be some way out of here",
said the joker to the thief
"There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief
Businessmen they drink my wine, plowman dig my earth,
None of them along the line know what any of it is worth"

"No need to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who think that life is but a joke
But you and I, we've been through that, and that is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late"

All along the watchtower, princes kept the view,
while all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too
Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQH8X4jkSxo&feature=related

(My sons have become JH fans. I own all US original vinyls and numerous underground and UK collections.)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
Ken Nordine.

Reminds me a lot of Robbie Robertson's Somewhere Down the Crazy River.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Clifford Brown - The Definitive (Verve)

Posts: 7 | Location: Skien, Norway | Registered: 07 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you, jostber!

posted Hide Post
Surf's Up.

My favourite song by my favourite songwriter, Brian Wilson.

This man was just hearing music in his head that we mere mortals don't hear.

Is this the most beautiful song ever written? It may just be.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hey Doug, have you heard the version on the "Brian Wilson presents SMiLE" album from a couple of years ago? The vocal harmonies on that are superb.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post