Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
>chuckling (because I hate the benignity of LOL), no offense taken. I thought it was another frozen Eskimo reference. Thanks for the heads up on the parenthesis (dag, yer smart buddy, you got good linnage {that means you come from good stock}, yer kin must be proud.)

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now some goslings.

sure wish I was a swan. And a mermaid.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BrII (our mechanically & grammatically astute cohort), Rocket (our audiophile extraordinaire), et al, here is a simple lesson in style and structure that should clarify many concerns that arise for the frequent posters:

She said;You, got. to-mix?them!up: She showd? me" how, to mix! them; up, and now! I can. mix (up all? kinds of punctuation- in, my. writing! There" are lots, of rules; to learn? but. im' get'ting them in my head:
One thing? I, like: about, Dear Miss Kinnian: (thats, the way? it goes; in a business, letter (if I ever go! into business?) is that, she: always; gives me' a reason" when-I ask. She"s a gen'ius! I wish? I cou'd be smart-like-her;
Punctuation, is? fun!

Flowers for Algernon (D. Keyes, '59)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocky, As I may have said before, it's true I have a number of non-marketable talents. And what I don't know could fill a large library! But I endeavor to give satisfaction.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, rocket, your audio-adventures are great. Just now catching up. You've mentioned most everyone I liked. Hope you can run across some more Steely Dan and ELP, and find some Doobie Bros. and Heart if you can. Every now and then, I listen to Virgin Radio/London live over the computer. I'm amazed by things people now consider simple.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Ravenswake, hope your doing good. Yes, I am on a musical adventure to be sure using this archaic turntable. I sold my old albums eons ago, now I have more than I did back then. I'm discovering that the lps are a lot more durable than cds. Many of the records I'm playing are well over 40 years old, its hard to fathom! I love the album covers too!!

(In honor of you, I just threw on Heart, Little Queen! Barracuda!)

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wild Gravity,

You saw FLOGGING MOLLY? In Walla Walla?

================================================

"I don't know anything."

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rocket--In a novel I am currently using in my seventh grade literature classes, it is set in 1963 and they talk a bit about records. Just for fun I asked my classes if they knew what records were, and I was relieved that they all did. But when I asked how many had a turntable at home, only about two or three in each class said their parents had one. I tried to explain to them how much fun it was to buy a new album and then spend time poring over the cover art while listening to the album. They just looked at me blankly, as only seventh graders can do. My own turntable got damaged in my recent move, but I'm planning on getting it fixed, if possible. There are just too many greeat memories tied up in those albums to get rid of them!!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tried to explain to them how much fun it was to buy a new album and then spend time poring over the cover art while listening to the album.

Imskipper, your so right. There is something so much more aesthetically pleasing about an album verses say a cd or ipod. Its so much fun playing these big archaic black discs.

>listenin to Jim Croce, Time In A Bottle...

posted Hide Post
I'm listening to the guy sitting next to me attempt to breathe through his congested nose, and I must say, its getting rather iritating.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
Wild Gravity,

You saw FLOGGING MOLLY? In Walla Walla?

================================================

"I don't know anything."

Pretty ridiculous, wouldn't you say? But, yes I did. They played at whitman. So did death cab for cutie. I also saw the thermals, the microphones, and Old Time relijun

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm listening to the guy sitting next to me attempt to breathe through his congested nose, and I must say, its getting rather iritating.

What're you on a bus? That comment is mildly disturbing on a few levels. Smiler

> Simon & Garfunkel's Greatest Hits, The Boxer, yeah, and Sound of Silence (except for clogged man's labored breathing {quick, get out of there, it might be catchy!}...)

posted Hide Post
So, Wild, does this previous consideration also apply to the recent annoyance: ".... but it still makes you want to punch them in the face?"

...or is the "congestion" a condition brought about by an actual knuckles to nose collaboration?

("Death Cab!" The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band! There's a flash from the past.)

Much reading and writing to catch up on, after two ft. of snow this weekend. Blues greats keep me movin': BB, Clapton, Mayall, Canned Heat, and, one of my favorites, Elmore James:
"You're a mean mistreatin' Mama.
You're mistreatin' me all the time.
One of these days baby,
...And it won't be long...
I'm gonna pack my bags,
And down the road I'm gone!" (Yeah!)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, dust my broom!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Timing is everything...that just rocked on, BrII!!